Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? (/Thread-Zero-2-days-in-a-row-Am-I-cured)

Pages: 1 2 3

Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - retired_guy - 04-02-2014

OK, so I've received a zero ahi for two straight days. That leads one to ponder what to do with one's no longer needed apap thingy. I've had a few thoughts come to mind:

1. Convert it to a leaf blower in Bonsai garden.

2. Move to Denver or Seattle and convert it to a way cool bong.

3. Hook all the miserable cats up to it and set the min pressure to "pop."

4. Sell it to Herb as a hair dryer.

Gosh. So many uses......... Maybe I'll just think about this for a day or so.........

RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - c0reDump - 04-02-2014

I'd suspect the data is wrong -- another member on this board went three days with 0.0 AHI and he determined that he needed to disconnect the power from the S9 (for an hour, he was adamant about that) before it started scoring events properly. He could see in the SleepyHead data where there were apneas happening but weren't being scored.

As for being 'cured', I say we are all pretty much cured as long as we use the CPAP machines and AHI < 5.0. If you wanted to know if you are cured and no longer need a CPAP (which is possible if you lose a lot of weight or eliminate some other contributing factor), you should probably sleep with an SpO2 oximeter for a while to ensure you aren't desaturating while not on CPAP.

RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - retired_guy - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 12:00 PM)c0reDump Wrote: -------------- if you lose a lot of weight or eliminate some other contributing factor), you should probably sleep with an SpO2 oximeter for a while to ensure you aren't desaturating while not on CPAP.

Yeah.. The nice thing about having Emphysema is the only thing more desaturated than me is the margarine. and yes, there is that weight thing. I'm working on it diligently. I have learned for instance that pork fried rice is my friend. That broccoli, when served with baked potatoes and a nice steak should be avoided. Yep. My weight is tumbling down!

RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - PaytonA - 04-02-2014

retired_guy,

What you are cured of is the same thing that I have been cured of - youth.

I do like your ideas though.

RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - bwexler - 04-02-2014

We will all be cured of OSA some day, but I don't relish seeing the shovel from that angle anytime soon.

RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - ImaSurvivor - 04-02-2014

LoL ... thanks for the laugh!

(04-02-2014, 11:48 AM)retired_guy Wrote: OK, so I've received a zero ahi for two straight days. That leads one to ponder what to do with one's no longer needed apap thingy. I've had a few thoughts come to mind:

1. Convert it to a leaf blower in Bonsai garden.

2. Move to Denver or Seattle and convert it to a way cool bong.

3. Hook all the miserable cats up to it and set the min pressure to "pop."

4. Sell it to Herb as a hair dryer.

Gosh. So many uses......... Maybe I'll just think about this for a day or so.........

RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - JimZZZ - 04-02-2014

Did you turn it on?

RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - zonk - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 11:48 AM)retired_guy Wrote: OK, so I've received a zero ahi for two straight days. That leads one to ponder what to do with one's no longer needed apap thingy.
Strike Three, You're Out Coffee
[Image: medium_StrikeThree.gif]

RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - justMongo - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 12:00 PM)c0reDump Wrote: I'd suspect the data is wrong -- another member on this board went three days with 0.0 AHI and he determined that he needed to disconnect the power from the S9 (for an hour, he was adamant about that) before it started scoring events properly. He could see in the SleepyHead data where there were apneas happening but weren't being scored.

That would be me. Yes, I could see it in the flow data.
Power cycling got it to score apneas. I also found that for a VPAP, easy-breathe must be on for the FOT to differentiate types of apnea.

RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured? - herbm - 04-02-2014

When yours was giving zeros, did you ever look through entire nights to see if YOU could identify (missing) incidents?