Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Trying The Almond Butter Tonight - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Trying The Almond Butter Tonight (/Thread-Trying-The-Almond-Butter-Tonight)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trying The Almond Butter Tonight - Schnauzers 5 - 03-30-2012

I got some raw almond butter to try tonight. It was not cheap but if it works it will be worth it. I went to sleep about midnight last night but woke at 2AM then again at 4. Then 7:30AM. I hope I get seven or eight straight hrs. I will let you know. I was soooo sleepy at 7:30PM tonight I dozed off again watching tv for a few minutes. I fought thru it to stay awake til now. 10:10PM. A hot bath and bed and that almond butter.Sleep-on-pillowSleep-on-pillow

RE: Trying The Almond Butter Tonight - Jenny - 03-30-2012

(03-30-2012, 12:13 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: I got some raw almond butter to try tonight. It was not cheap but if it works it will be worth it. I went to sleep about midnight last night but woke at 2AM then again at 4. Then 7:30AM. I hope I get seven or eight straight hrs. I will let you know. I was soooo sleepy at 7:30PM tonight I dozed off again watching tv for a few minutes. I fought thru it to stay awake til now. 10:10PM. A hot bath and bed and that almond butter.Sleep-on-pillowSleep-on-pillow

I've been eating it every night since you told us about it. It is about 10 times more "stick to the roof of your mouth" than peanut butter, though, and it really helps. As I get other mask/equipment issues squared away, I'm thinking it will even work better.

RE: Trying The Almond Butter Tonight - zimlich - 03-30-2012

How much do you eat and do you think the raw almonds would work as well as the butter?

RE: Trying The Almond Butter Tonight - Schnauzers 5 - 03-30-2012

(03-30-2012, 06:30 AM)Jenny Wrote:
(03-30-2012, 12:13 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: I got some raw almond butter to try tonight. It was not cheap but if it works it will be worth it. I went to sleep about midnight last night but woke at 2AM then again at 4. Then 7:30AM. I hope I get seven or eight straight hrs. I will let you know. I was soooo sleepy at 7:30PM tonight I dozed off again watching tv for a few minutes. I fought thru it to stay awake til now. 10:10PM. A hot bath and bed and that almond butter.Sleep-on-pillowSleep-on-pillow

I've been eating it every night since you told us about it. It is about 10 times more "stick to the roof of your mouth" than peanut butter, though, and it really helps. As I get other mask/equipment issues squared away, I'm thinking it will even work better.

It did NOT work for me at all. I was tired but I woke twice last night and at 3 I was unable to get back to sleep right away. I even remembered to put the garbage can out at 5AM. As for just eating raw almonds? I don't know but, the raw butter did not agree with my tummy. I had it on toast. Next I will try the cherry juice. A lady in front of me at store said it helps her.

(03-30-2012, 08:41 AM)zimlich Wrote: How much do you eat and do you think the raw almonds would work as well as the butter?

Dr. Oz says to eat 2 or 3 tablespoons before you go to bed. I eat about 2 tablespoons because it takes me a long time, relatively, to eat it because it "so sticks to the roof of your mouth" in a major way, but the taste is good also. The purpose of this, as stated in the article online, is to prevent your body from waking up due to the low blood sugar spike that occurs while sleeping--which, I think, makes sense. So I don't think plain almonds would do as good as a job, since that wouldn't contain as much sugar, fats, etc. as does the almond butter.

I'm all for going "natural" when it comes to sleep aids and so appreciate this info from Sleeping Beauty Turquoise (I love itSmile.

RE: Trying The Almond Butter Tonight - greatunclebill - 03-30-2012

(03-30-2012, 10:58 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:
(03-30-2012, 06:30 AM)Jenny Wrote:

It did NOT work for me at all. I was tired but I woke twice last night and at 3 I was unable to get back to sleep right away. I even remembered to put the garbage can out at 5AM. As for just eating raw almonds? I don't know but, the raw butter did not agree with my tummy. I had it on toast. Next I will try the cherry juice. A lady in front of me at store said it helps her.

with these kinds of things, there is no one size fits all. if cherry juice or almond butter made alot of people or even quite a few sleep better, it would be marketed to death and in tv commercials like crazy. it isn't. i never heard of it before this post and matter of fact i never heard of almond butter, period.

cherry juice is touted as helpful for gout also. it probably is helpful if you have a very mild case. with my serious gout,not eating certain things and taking medicine are what did it. cherry juice did absolutely nothing for me. nuts are a gout trigger so almond butter is out for me.

RE: Trying The Almond Butter Tonight - Dreamcatcher - 03-30-2012

Again no thought for the foreign manBigwink

Can someone please explain what this is? Is it a cream for your face that you can also eat?Unsure

RE: Trying The Almond Butter Tonight - zimlich - 03-30-2012

I've seen it in the store. It's like peanut butter, but made of almonds.

RE: Trying The Almond Butter Tonight - zonk - 03-30-2012

As no body suggesting that I should take liking to peanut butter also not suggesting anyone to do what I do
a hot bath and a cup of warm milk with a shot of rum which is a natural products unlike peanut butter made from hydrogenated oil which linked to all sort of problems
If CPAP therapy is not working peanut butter isn't the answer

(03-30-2012, 02:07 PM)zonk Wrote: As no body suggesting that I should take liking to peanut butter also not suggesting anyone to do what I do
a hot bath and a cup of warm milk with a shot of rum which is a natural products unlike peanut butter made from hydrogenated oil which linked to all sort of problems
If CPAP therapy is not working peanut butter isn't the answer

Zonk--whaddup with the peanut butter? I think weez talkin' 'bout almond butter--big difference. Almond butter is way more healthier (I think).