Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? (/Thread-Equipment-Discoloration-in-Nuance-Gel-Pillows)

Pages: 1 2

Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - brianps - 04-03-2014

When purchasing my equipment about 3 months ago, the supplier suggested that one advantage of the Respironics Nuance Gel Pillows was that it began to discolor when it needed replacing, "just like your toothbrush loses color".

Just wondering if anybody else has heard of, or experienced this.

Thanks in advance!

RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - PaulaO2 - 04-03-2014

I have noticed that they aren't as blue. But then I can't remember how blue they were in the first place.

RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - brianps - 04-04-2014

Yes i wondered about that too. Mine seem to be getting a yellowish tinge as well. I suppose it's time to replace them. They're almost three months old.

Did you ever resolve that issue with your gear falling apart after washing?

RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - PaulaO2 - 04-04-2014

No, I didn't.

I was due for a mask and decided to try the Airfit P10. Not sure I like it just yet. I may go back to the Nuance. I have a few days to decide. If I do go back to the Nuance, I'll not get the "Pro" version. Those gel pads would just get too hot this summer.

RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - brianps - 04-08-2014

Let me know how you like the Airfit P10. I have the non "pro" version of the Nuance, and I do like it, but I'm afraid I'm developing the same issue as you with the back head strap, although it's not falling apart yet! Nor have I developed any gel leaks.

Whoops! I just noticed your post on "Nuance vs. Airfit". Maybe I'd better read that one! In the meantime, have you come to any conclusion on which you like best?

EDIT: Getting old does indeed stink! And I just finished the other post and noted your conlcusion that it's back to the Nuance. Now if only they could address that back strap issue. Mine is looking black and getting spongy after washing.

RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - PaulaO2 - 04-08-2014

Exactly! That's what happened with mine! The rest of the headgear looks nice and clean but that inside of the back strap looks nasty.

What I will do the next time is just not wash that part. Not sure how I will do that exactly. But the two nights I've been back on the Nuance, I've slept much better and not gotten the Elbow Alarm at all. I really like this mask.

RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - brianps - 04-09-2014

Let me know if you figure out how to wash everything but the strap. Good luck!

RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - EricG - 08-24-2014

I have experience the same issue after a few months. Not using very hot water seems to help. My main issue is that this mask falls apart after about 5 months. Gel pads fall off...head strap gets sticky, etc...and no place to complain at Respironics...

RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - PaulaO2 - 08-24-2014

Yes, the Pro version doesn't seem to last long at all. My Pro one started falling apart like you said at about the 4 or 5 month mark.

I have the "non-Pro" one now and that back strap got nasty looking much faster. I'm going to give it one more try than sadly, I will have to switch masks again.

The P10 did not work for me. I couldn't stand it.

So I'm not sure what I will try next if the Nuance doesn't work out.

RE: Discoloration in Nuance Gel Pillows? - OMyMyOHellYes - 12-06-2014

Back when I used the Respironics Comfort Classic mask, the forehead gel pad would start out light golden tinged, like, say Coors Light. Over time, it would turn a darker yellow and then start into amber bock hues. Then it would rip.

OMM