Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
First Night - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: First Night (/Thread-First-Night--5927)

Pages: 1 2

First Night - sibertiger - 04-17-2014

Just picked up my machine. Tonight will be my first night with it. Wish me luck.

RE: First Night - ImaSurvivor - 04-17-2014

Good Luck sibertiger!

RE: First Night - zonk - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 08:24 PM)sibertiger Wrote: Just picked up my machine. Tonight will be my first night with it. Wish me luck.
Best of luck
Tomorrow morning, let us know how the night went
Sleep-well

RE: First Night - DeepBreathing - 04-17-2014

Good luck! Just remember, the first time is memorable, but may not be the best. For most of us it takes a while to get much benefit, or even to be able to sleep right through. On the other hand some lucky people take to CPAP like a duck to water. Let's hope you're in the latter group.

RE: First Night - MAPnea - 04-17-2014

Hi, Sibertiger,
Ditto what DeepBreathing said. I hope you wake up feeling quite "ducky" (like a duck taking to water)! Can't wait to find out how your night goes. Good luck!

RE: First Night - Gabby - 04-17-2014

Sibertiger, all the best for a great first night on CPAP!
We will be looking forward to hearing how you went.
Sleep-well

RE: First Night - trish6hundred - 04-17-2014

Hi sibertiger,
I hope you have a good and restful first night. Let us know how it went for you tomorrow.

RE: First Night - sibertiger - 04-18-2014

First night completed......

This takes some getting used to, I can see. Awoke feeling tired still, but that is normal from what I've seen here.

From SleepyHead: (Wow this machine tracks a bunch of stuff, not sure what's important)
Some Highlights
Logged time of 6.5 hrs
Overall AHI of 4.07
Total Leaks: 48

Sounds like mask needs further adjustments.

RE: First Night - ImaSurvivor - 04-18-2014

Your hours logged is decent for your first time. I struggled to get the necessary 4 hours to meet compliance for a couple weeks. I developed some insomnia problems that I had to deal with. Once I got to sleep I could sleep well and through the night. I still struggle with insomnia and work through it. Some nights are better than others with getting to sleep. AHI should be under 5 so you are good with that. Your leaks is high. Should be under 24L/min. Most of us take a while before we adjust and feel the benefits of therapy. There will be ups and downs with it. Stick with it, be patient, and stay optimistic. Keep asking questions. This forum has a lot of members that offer encouragement, knowledge, tips and advice.

RE: First Night - PaytonA - 04-18-2014

With your Philips machine your leaks are not high. The 24 l/min is the acceptable target for ResMed machines that calculate only the unintentional leaks. The Philips machines give you total leaks which include the mask vent. It sounds like your unintentional leaks are close to zero. Most masks vent in the 40-50 l/min area.

PAP on,

PaytonA