Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Newly Diagnosed - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Newly Diagnosed (/Thread-Newly-Diagnosed--6017)

Pages: 1 2

Newly Diagnosed - butterflyksses - 04-29-2014

New here, from upstate NY. Thank you for the board. Looks like there is a lot of good information here.

Still waiting for my titration study. I'm on oxygen at night until then. Waiting for the night I can actually sleep.

Sharon

RE: Newly Diagnosed - Tez62 - 04-29-2014

Welcome butterflyksses (Sharon) and good luck with it, some people get a sudden boost of energy the day after their titration and after the first few days of using CPAP, hope you get that feeling straight away, I think it's from the fact that we can now breathe properly at night, something most of us haven't been able to do for a long time. My first peice of advice is go into this with a positive attitude and you will go a long way, good luck and keep us updated Smile

RE: Newly Diagnosed - Peter_C - 04-29-2014

Welcome to the hosehead farm. It's really not all bad. I've been on CPAP for getting close to, well, a lot of years now. Finding a mask that you like, and that likes you is the key to get hosehead sleep.

There are a few pluses - really~!

My dream machine makes a great 'white-noise' generator.
Some people use their machine for 'aroma therapy'.

Some folks turn the whole thing into a hobby (like those hyper-milers in their Priuses) and track everything and try to get super low numbers.

A few people see amazing results the first night, but usually most people take 1-6 months to slowly notice improvement.

The heart damage caused by my OSA took a bit over ten years to heal, but I noticed a BIG change first day. I never used to dream, now I do.

RE: Newly Diagnosed - trish6hundred - 04-29-2014

Hi butterflyksses,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you as you start your CPAP journey.

RE: Newly Diagnosed - herbm - 04-29-2014

Glad you found us.

This board will offer you a wealth of information and a million butterfly kisses of compassion.

RE: Newly Diagnosed - butterflyksses - 04-29-2014

Thank You both.

I'm on oxygen right now at night, but don't notice much difference. I have issues with allergies, so tend to be breathing through my mouth part way through the night.
I'm hoping the authorization for the study doesn't take as long as the first one did. My original visit was before Thanksgiving. My study was 3/6.

RE: Newly Diagnosed - RonWessels - 04-29-2014

Another benefit I have found is that, since I _always_ wear my mask while sleeping, my subconscious has been trained so that when I put the mask on, it's sleep time. I often watch TV or do Sudoku puzzles in bed, but once that mask goes on, within minutes I'm out like a light.

RE: Newly Diagnosed - JimZZZ - 04-29-2014

Welcome to the forum from a fellow upstate New Yorker. I have been on CPAP only a few months and can assure you the knowledge and support of this forum has been the basis of my success with therapy. If you read and study as much as possible, you can be armend with all the right queries and demands (yes demands) when you engage the health care professionals. It has been my experience that you have to watch out for yourself and to do so you need knowledge. I wish you well and look forward to hearing your questions and reports.

RE: Newly Diagnosed - butterflyksses - 04-29-2014

Thank You everyone for the Welcome!

RE: Newly Diagnosed - JWR - 04-29-2014

Hi butterflyksses . Welcome to the forum . Welcome