Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed S9 info gathering question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed S9 info gathering question (/Thread-ResMed-S9-info-gathering-question)

ResMed S9 info gathering question - jb1176 - 05-13-2014

Hello everyone,
Just finished fifth night with ResMed S9. It is not set on Auto. Constant pressure of 7. Checked "info" yesterday to look at my scores for the night before but am confused what the readings are telling me. Can anyone explain what the letters mean RID, HID, VID,BID, and SW

My scores: VID 1, RID 100, HID SX496-0212, BID SX525-0300, SW SX474-1201

Is there any way to check the number of apnea episodes from these statistics?

I've checked the mask seal by looking for the green smiley face and that is ok.

Looked at the manual but need to read it in more depth. Perhaps I'm missing something there.Dont-know

RE: ResMed S9 info gathering question - zonk - 05-13-2014

(05-13-2014, 05:57 AM)jb1176 Wrote: Hello everyone,
Can anyone explain what the letters mean RID, HID, VID,BID, and SW
SW : Displays the current software version

BID : Displays the boot loader ID
VID : Displays the variant ID
RID : Displays the regional variant ID
HID : Displays the humidifier software ID

Not all S9 series are data capable machines, AutoSet and Elite models are and Escape models are not. Model name printed next to on/off button
What manual are you looking at, the user manual that comes with the machine does not tell you much, you need to ask for the clinical manual, available via Email, scroll down to the bottom of the page
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

S9 setup instruction and video tutorial
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

RE: ResMed S9 info gathering question - jb1176 - 05-13-2014

I have the Auto Set but I think the DME did not turn on the capability to get a complete sleep report on the screen. I've tried pushing every conceivable combination of buttons and nothing happens. Have to call them.

(05-13-2014, 06:26 AM)zonk Wrote:
(05-13-2014, 05:57 AM)jb1176 Wrote: Hello everyone,
Can anyone explain what the letters mean RID, HID, VID,BID, and SW
SW : Displays the current software version

BID : Displays the boot loader ID
VID : Displays the variant ID
RID : Displays the regional variant ID
HID : Displays the humidifier software ID

Not all S9 series are data capable machines, AutoSet and Elite models are and Escape models are not. Model name printed next to on/off button
What manual are you looking at, the user manual that comes with the machine does not tell you much, you need to ask for the clinical manual, available via Email, scroll down to the bottom of the page
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

S9 setup instruction and video tutorial
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Thanks. I was able to follow the instructions suggested above and turn on the sleep quality statistics and can now see my AHI which is 2. Mask quality is green. How do I lower my AHI to less than 2?

(05-13-2014, 07:14 AM)jb1176 Wrote: I have the Auto Set but I think the DME did not turn on the capability to get a complete sleep report on the screen. I've tried pushing every conceivable combination of buttons and nothing happens. Have to call them.

Figured out how to get into the sleep quality statistics and was able to turn on AHI readings and mask leak face in the info screen. AHI of 2 last night which I think is in normal range - down from an average of 35.8 episodes from the sleep study. Obviously the ResMed AutoSet S9 with P10 mask is working.

Would like to get below AHI of 2 but don't know how to do that. Been on machine five nights. Newly diagnosed and first experience with CPAP machine.

RE: ResMed S9 info gathering question - trish6hundred - 05-13-2014

Hi jb1176,
As long as you are below 5, you are doing well.
Sounds like you are off to a good start, keep up the good work.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

RE: ResMed S9 info gathering question - retired_guy - 05-13-2014

Now what you want to do is download the sleepyhead software and review your statistics on your computer. With an ahi of 2, you are doing quite well. But it is fun to always try to improve. Mostly it's great patient awareness to try to understand all you can.

Once you can review your stats, then take a look at the leak percentages and pressures. We've had quite a debate around here about changing from cpap to apap, but in my grantedly uneducated stupidly simple opinion, apap is the reason for being of the S9 Autoset, and the S9 autoset is the best machine in the business right now. So if it were my machine and my body, I would check out my leak pcts to make sure my mask seal is as good as it can be. Mr. Green Face is a fine guy, but a little less technical than I prefer. Then I would set my pressures to apap, minimum of 6 (If like you I had been diagnosed to 7) and a maximum of 9.

Then I'd run for a few days and keep my eyes on the stats.

If the machine was happy sitting in between those two numbers and my ahi stayed at 2 or less, then I'd just settle in for awhile.

Like I say, just my idea of a good time.

RE: ResMed S9 info gathering question - Bama Rambler - 05-13-2014

I responded to your other thread so I'll just copy that response here.

Quote:Don't get in a hurry about trying to lower your AHI right now. 2 is a very good AHI compared to what your untreated AHI was.

Which machine did you wind up with? Your sig just says ResMed S9. There's several models of the S9, Escape, Escape Auto, Elite, Autoset, etc.?

It would also be a good idea to get Sleepyhead or Rescan software unless you got one of the Escape models.

RE: ResMed S9 info gathering question - jaycee - 05-13-2014

A CPAP machine is not a sleep lab. It is not perfect in what it considers an apnea or hypopnea. Clearing your throat, coughing, talking in your sleep, yawning. All things that can confuse the machine and artificially increase your displayed AHI.

Leaks do just the opposite. A low AHI with a high leak rate = a worthless AHI reading.

RE: ResMed S9 info gathering question - PaulaO2 - 05-13-2014

Yeah, don't worry about that AHI just yet. Get used to the machine. Use it every night, monitor your data, etc.

Your AHI is going to change every night but that's okay. No two nights are the same. There are so many variables that go into a good or bad night's sleep. Food, stress, exercise, environment, etc etc etc.

In looking at your data for now, you are looking for trends. You want to see what your normal range is. You won't have a normal single number. You'll have a range.

So look at the data, figure out what all the data means.