Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed S9 not capturing all data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed S9 not capturing all data (/Thread-Resmed-S9-not-capturing-all-data)

Pages: 1 2 3

Resmed S9 not capturing all data - hoser - 05-25-2014

I download my data often enough so that I don't lose any detailed information. However, I noticed some strange results. For example last night only AHI and Events were captured. The night before all of the viewable statistics were recorded but several like leak, snore, flow, pressure and ventilation were only recorded for the last hour and a half. Also the summary and statistic leak number is high at 174L/min but the detailed view shows that leaks never exceed the 24L/minute threshold.

Does anyone know what's going on? Bad data card, bad machine?

RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data - becker44a - 05-25-2014

(05-25-2014, 11:49 AM)hoser Wrote: I download my data often enough so that I don't lose any detailed information. However, I noticed some strange results. For example last night only AHI and Events were captured. The night before all of the viewable statistics were recorded but several like leak, snore, flow, pressure and ventilation were only recorded for the last hour and a half. Also the summary and statistic leak number is high at 174L/min but the detailed view shows that leaks never exceed the 24L/minute threshold.

Does anyone know what's going on? Bad data card, bad machine?

Hi hoser,
Sounds like it might be time for a power down. Some have reported strange stats like consecutive 0.0 AHI and the like. Remove power from the machine for some time (an hour or more). Check again the next night. May not be the answer, but one of the simplest things to try.
Good luck,
A.Becker

RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data - PaulaO2 - 05-25-2014

Yeah, like any electronics, sometimes they need need a hard boot. Unplug it from the wall for a while then try again. You won't get that data back but it should start acting normally again.

If not, wrap it in aluminum. The aliens are getting to it.

RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data - PaytonA - 05-25-2014

(05-25-2014, 03:50 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yeah, like any electronics, sometimes they need need a hard boot. Unplug it from the wall for a while then try again. You won't get that data back but it should start acting normally again.

If not, wrap it in aluminum. The aliens are getting to it.

Or borrow Paula's hammer!!

RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data - hoser - 06-07-2014

My machine has gone crazy. Here's some of the strange recordings:

2 days in a row show 2 hrs 39 min and 2 hrs 42 min usage, however the detail graphs show a 6.5 hour time period.
All days show a total leak rate above 160 L/min
Detail graphs show full time lines for AHI and events, all other statistics begin at the end of the time line and record for the last 30 minutes only.

I unplugged the unit and let it sit for an hour before plugging it back in and that did not resolve the issue. I may try a new SD card but beyond that I will be waiting for a machine failure in the middle of the night.

RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data - justMongo - 06-07-2014

(05-25-2014, 12:22 PM)becker44a Wrote: Hi hoser,
Sounds like it might be time for a power down. Some have reported strange stats like consecutive 0.0 AHI and the like. Remove power from the machine for some time (an hour or more). Check again the next night. May not be the answer, but one of the simplest things to try.
Good luck,
A.Becker

That would be me. Yes, mine required a power cycle to get it to record correctly.

Interesting -- yesterday, my BluRay player would not output video over its HDMI link. After the standard things one does to troubleshoot -- I finally decided to pull its power cord. Fixed it!

RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data - goodonya - 06-09-2014

I am not computer savvy enough to do rescan and sleepyhead. I have noticed a lot of discrepancies on the regular screen readout. Time amounts that do not compute are common.

The OP question is causing me to wonder. I unplug my machine(S9 VpapAdapt) to turn it on and off everyday. Am I supposed to be leaving it plugged in all the time?

Thanks

RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data - gjw - 06-09-2014

Hi Goodinya

No need to unplug the ResMed S9, you can press the Start/Stop button for > 3sec to switch the device off (yes the powersupply would still be consuming a small amount power).

;-> gjw

RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data - goodonya - 06-09-2014

Thanks I will do that hold for 3 sec. So if I unplug the machine am I losing all the data every time I do that. I am wondering why the machine seems to be going downhill in how it interacts with me.
It is like a brief marriage that started out really great and now in a few short months is in the doldrums and I am looking her thinking it was so good what have I done wrong.

RE: Resmed S9 not capturing all data - retired_guy - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 07:54 PM)goodonya Wrote: Thanks I will do that hold for 3 sec. So if I unplug the machine am I losing all the data every time I do that. I am wondering why the machine seems to be going downhill in how it interacts with me.
It is like a brief marriage that started out really great and now in a few short months is in the doldrums and I am looking her thinking it was so good what have I done wrong.

No, you will not lose any data. But you don't need to unplug it either. Just turn it off in the morning, make yourself a great cup of coffee using a mixture of beans from Indonesia and Central America. ...and have a great day.

Yes, sometimes just when we get everything going great we experience a period of going the other direction. Just slow down and regroup a little. Maybe wash your mask in nice warm water with a little dish soap. Rinse everything really well and dry. Recheck all your straps and so forth to make sure you're mask is placed the way it belongs.

Since you can't use Sleepyhead, it might be more difficult for you to pinpoint a problem. But problems at the stage are usually mask leaks, or mouth leaks. So focus on the leak thing.

If all else fails, maybe it's time for you to try a different type of mask.

But don't worry, we all experience ups and downs with this stuff.