Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rescan displaying Detailed Graphs - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rescan displaying Detailed Graphs (/Thread-Rescan-displaying-Detailed-Graphs)

Rescan displaying Detailed Graphs - steveh - 06-09-2014

I have an S9 elite. When I use rescan, I can display summary graphs but when I try to display detailed graphs, I get a message that "no detailed data available". Any ideas on what I need to do to make the detailed data available?

RE: Rescan displaying Detailed Graphs - steveh - 06-09-2014

Before I made this post, I search for information on the forum but did not come up with any suitable answers. However After the posting, the suggestions below appeared and I was able to answer my questions and display the detailed graphs. Thank you to the forum members that made the information availableThanksThanksThanks

RE: Rescan displaying Detailed Graphs - zonk - 06-09-2014

Glad you worked it out
Last time you said leak was about 38 L/m, how is it now?

RE: Rescan displaying Detailed Graphs - steveh - 06-09-2014

My last month daily average leak was 33.3 lpm. Last night it was 14 lpm. I have had other similar lower readings for one day. That is what is most confusing, because of the lower readings on the machine, it can't be total flow as the normal flow for my mask is around 40 lpm. If it represents additional leaks, then I should be able to feel a leak with a flow of 33 lpm. I cannot feel any flow anywhere around the mask. Perhaps I do have the major leaks while I am asleep and just don't feel them.
Thanks for reminding me, I will do more research.

RE: Rescan displaying Detailed Graphs - robysue - 06-10-2014

(06-09-2014, 11:25 PM)steveh Wrote: That is what is most confusing, because of the lower readings on the machine, it can't be total flow as the normal flow for my mask is around 40 lpm.
A Resmed reports ONLY the excess leaks. It subtracts off an approximation for the intentional vent rate based on the Mask setting in the set up menu. You may want to check that mask setting and make sure it is correct.

Next: Resmed defines a Large Leak as anything at or over 24 L/min, and if the leak rate is AT or ABOVE 24 L/min for long periods of time, then both the effectiveness of the therapy and the accuracy of the recorded data can be adversely affected.

Quote: If it represents additional leaks, then I should be able to feel a leak with a flow of 33 lpm. I cannot feel any flow anywhere around the mask. Perhaps I do have the major leaks while I am asleep and just don't feel them.
My guess is that you are sleeping right through the largest of your large leaks.

FFM can be difficult to seal all night long. One thing that can cause middle to late night leaks that people sleep through is this: As the night goes on, our facial muscles become more relaxed and more flaccid. And this can cause the facial tissues around the mouth and jaw to sag. And the sagging of this tissue can cause a FFM to lose its seal.

You need to look at the leak lines in the detailed daily data to see if there's a pattern of when the leaks are occurring and to find out how long the leaks are lasting. Once you have a better idea of the magnitude of the problem, you'll be in a better position for solving it.

RE: Rescan displaying Detailed Graphs - PaytonA - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 09:34 AM)robysue Wrote: A Resmed reports ONLY the excess leaks. It subtracts off an approximation for the intentional vent rate based on the Mask setting in the set up menu. You may want to check that mask setting and make sure it is correct.

When using an APAP in auto mode, does the firmware adjust the vent rate as the pressure is adjusted? Just roused my curiousity.

Best Regards

PaytonA