Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New Wisp - Massive leaks - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New Wisp - Massive leaks (/Thread-New-Wisp-Massive-leaks)

Pages: 1 2

New Wisp - Massive leaks - bwexler - 06-19-2014

I got my new Wisp Nasal mask on Monday.
I like it. It is comfortable.
But my leaks have gone nuts. My 95% pressure has doubled. Is it possible that the mask's vent design alows so much air to escape intentionally that my PRS 1 ASV recognizes that as leaks?
Here is a look at last night.

[attachment=872]

RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks - Peter_C - 06-19-2014

Sorry to ask, what mask were you using prior to this? Do you mean Wisp has changed, or that you got a 'new' mask, and it's a 'Wisp'?

RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks - bwexler - 06-19-2014

I was using a Sleepweaver Elan until Monday morning. I got the new Wisp on Monday afternoon. First night my AHI went to 6.97 instead of my normal >2. Now it has settled down a bit, but I would like to gain control again, like breking a wild horse.

RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks - diamaunt - 06-19-2014

did you change the mask type settings?

RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks - PaytonA - 06-19-2014

I do not believe that there are any mask type settings on Philips machines.

RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks - zonk - 06-20-2014

(06-19-2014, 11:03 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I do not believe that there are any mask type settings on Philips machines.
PR machines have something called 'mask setting for system one resistance control' which is completely different than Resmed mask type setting. There is no mask setting for non-Respironcis masks but been mentioned before and its "0", so whats all this kerfuffle about Coffee
[Image: MaskSettingsforSystemOneResistanceC.jpg]

RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks - bwexler - 06-20-2014

Thank you Zonk.
The Wisp is marked X1. I will adjust the machine and see if my pressure and leaks come back in line tonight.

I vaguely remembred something about that setting but my CRS required a memory jogger.

RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks - bwexler - 06-21-2014

Well I found the X1 designation on the Wisp and made the adjustment in the clinical setup menu on the machine. by the way the RT at Apria did not have a clue that machines had such settings. he simply said "go back to your old mask".

Not much change in my results. any further thoughts on stoping leaks and getting prsures back down to the good old days, under 12 max.

[attachment=878]

RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks - Peter_C - 06-21-2014

Other than leak rate, is it working for you, comfortable, not waking you, etc? Currently, it is my favorite mask, although for better treatment I need to be using a FFM.

RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks - bwexler - 06-21-2014

Yes other than leak rate and increasing AHI and pressure it is comfortable.
I do like it, just don't understand the reason for the increased numbers.

Peter, do you see the high leaks that I do?

All you other Wisp ers do you see high leaks and higher than "normal" pressure?

Should I just ignore the numbers and enjoy the mask, since AHI is still well under 5?