Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Pricy Mask ????? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Pricy Mask ????? (/Thread-Pricy-Mask)

Pages: 1 2

Pricy Mask ????? - Bompa - 04-05-2012

I was just quoted $235.00 Canadian foe a ResMed Swift FX nasal Pillow mask.
Does that sound a little high priced or am I just a cheap old fella ?
Dont-know

RE: Pricy Mask ????? - greatunclebill - 04-05-2012

(04-05-2012, 04:54 PM)Bompa Wrote: I was just quoted $235.00 Canadian foe a ResMed Swift FX nasal Pillow mask.
Does that sound a little high priced or am I just a cheap old fella ?
Dont-know

who "quoted" it? a local dme? buying on line is usually cheaper. seller #1 has it for $127 USD. even on-line, masks are expensive.

RE: Pricy Mask ????? - zonk - 04-05-2012

Down here it,s $275 from Supplier #13 but on ebay $130 include shipping and for her it,s $10 cheaper
In Australia it,s best to buy masks from ebay shipping included and masks don,t require prescription.
Some US on line sellers might not ship overseas ResMed products in that case find one who would or buy ebay or buy masks not made by ResMed and that will teach them a lesson as it hit where matter most in their pockets.

RE: Pricy Mask ????? - iSnooze - 04-06-2012

If the price quoted was from a DME, the price will be high because the DME has overhead costs that online stores don't have. Those extra costs are padded into the price of the items they sell. DME's will get a portion of the cost of item reimbursed through insurance companies but if your insurance won't pay and/or you don't have insurance, you are expected to pay the whole amount.

RE: Pricy Mask ????? - Bompa - 04-06-2012

So all said and done it is a reasonable price to pay!
Thanks All.

RE: Pricy Mask ????? - greatunclebill - 04-06-2012

(04-06-2012, 08:52 AM)Bompa Wrote: So all said and done it is a reasonable price to pay!
Thanks All.

you didn't say if this is 100% out of pocket or that you pay a small part and insurance pays the rest. if it's 275 and you can get it for 127 i don't see where it is a good price. maybe part of the puzzle is missing here.

RE: Pricy Mask ????? - PaulaO2 - 04-06-2012

Some local DMEs will discount the price if you are paying cash. They get the money right then vs having to wait 6mos for an insurance company to pay. So, be sure to tell them you are paying cash and ask if they offer cash discounts. If they do not, call another.

RE: Pricy Mask ????? - TennDan - 04-06-2012

I just bought one to day for about $100 USD and no prescription asked for. It's not from one of the suppliers in the list here. So we'll see what I get when it arrives. Just Google Swift FX in shopping and see what you find.

RE: Pricy Mask ????? - pssnn - 04-06-2012

I just bought one last week from an internet site for $94 delivered. It only took 3 days from ordering to having it in my hand. It came with 1 ea. Lg, Med and Small pillows. Also soft wraps for the straps, booklet and a ResMed cloth travel bag for the mask and headgear.

RE: Pricy Mask ????? - TennDan - 04-17-2012

(04-06-2012, 04:05 PM)TennDan Wrote: I just bought one to day for about $100 USD and no prescription asked for. It's not from one of the suppliers in the list here. So we'll see what I get when it arrives. Just Google Swift FX in shopping and see what you find.

I should report back that I got the mask quickly and it was in a sealed package from the manufacturor. It came with the 3 sizes of pillow cushions and has been working well for me.