Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Respironics FitLife - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Respironics FitLife (/Thread-Respironics-FitLife)

Respironics FitLife - PsychoMike - 06-23-2014

For those who have used the Respironics Fitlife / Total Face in the past, I have a few questions....It's something I'm looking at along with the ResMed F10 for my next mask as I want to get rid of the forehead bridge (I find it a distraction when trying to read).

My questions are:
1) How does it do for side sleepers?

2) Is the faceplate optical grade (i.e. can you read / watch tv easily with it on without distortions)? and

3) any issues with the straps laying along the side of the face? Even though my Quattro Air is fairly loose, I find I get "strap prints" along my jaw line (probably from side sleeping)...trying not to show those in public, if I can.

Thanks Smile

RE: Look at this FF mask - Airstream - 06-23-2014

Psycho Mike: I found the Fitlife the most comfortable mask I have ever used. If it didn't have the whistle noise mine has, I would use it everyday. Actually, the noise didn't bother me, but it did my spouse. I would like to get another, but am reluctant risking getting one with the same problem.
I don't know if the faceplate is optical grade, but it is very clear and there is no distortion. I watched television wearing it with no problem. I can't read without glasses, so I can't comment on that.
I didn't have any problem sleeping on my side and no problems with the straps.
Overall, I think this mask is bypassed by many, possibly because of it's appearance. You do look kinda like an astronaut wearing it, but whose looking? The wonderful aspect of it is there is no friction on the bridge of your nose or pressure on your forehead. I suspect if more people tried it, they would be sold and would never go back to a standard FFM.
If you decide on this mask, please let me know if you have any problem with it making noise.

RE: Respironics FitLife - PsychoMike - 06-27-2014

Well, I've got one to demo now. Fit wise, it is very much like a SCBA mask other than coming across the chin...considering my line of work, I don't think there will be any issues with adjusting to the total face coverage.

Optically, it doesn't seem to distort too badly....there is a disjoint around the "nose bulge" but doesn't seem too bad overall.

I'm going to do a download this evening and then start my trial so I can have a clear run to see how it does numbers wise. I'll keep you posted as it comes to sound.

Numbers, comfort and read-ability will probably decide if I go this route in the future. The Quattro Air does me well on the first two, but the forehead bridge and "depth" of the mask make the latter a bitmore of a challenge for a speed reader like me...I end up getting a crick in the neck trying to move my head so much or I get a headache from my brain having to deal with the mask/bridge in the way....but that's me.