Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Losing mask seal - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Losing mask seal (/Thread-Losing-mask-seal)

Losing mask seal - Iceracer - 06-29-2014

I keep losing seal on my ffm because of drool lol any ideas to help ?

RE: Losing mask seal - Peter_C - 06-29-2014

Lemon-juice right before bed?

No fluids 4-5hrs before bed?

RE: Losing mask seal - MAPnea - 06-29-2014

Would one of those mask liners help? Seems I've seen a thread on making your own recently. Hang in there and, maybe, someone will come along with the link to that thread. Wonder if retired-guy is still awake…. he'll know!

RE: Losing mask seal - retired_guy - 06-30-2014

Yes, a mask pad should help. Remzzzz is a good one, as is "Pad-a-Cheek." Or you can fashion your own out of an old cotton t-shirt. Use the back side so you won't notice the missing material as much when you wear it. Just trace the mask around it allowing for a little extra material to cover the surface of the seal, but not so much that you would cover the vent holes on the mask.

RE: Losing mask seal - Tez62 - 06-30-2014

Iceracer, I know how you feel, drool is my biggest problem with CPAP, I make my own mask liners and even have the template that I can share and instructions on how to make them if you want.
The template will depend on the mask and size of mask you use, can you update your profile with the brand and model mask you are using.
The one problem I still have is the mask liner gets wet with drool and have a similar problem to the mask getting wet.
It is because we are mouth breathers, which is why we are using FFM and the drool runs out the side of our mouths when we sleep on our sides.

RE: Losing mask seal - Iceracer - 06-30-2014

(06-30-2014, 01:19 AM)Tez62 Wrote: Iceracer, I know how you feel, drool is my biggest problem with CPAP, I make my own mask liners and even have the template that I can share and instructions on how to make them if you want.
The template will depend on the mask and size of mask you use, can you update your profile with the brand and model mask you are using.
The one problem I still have is the mask liner gets wet with drool and have a similar problem to the mask getting wet.
It is because we are mouth breathers, which is why we are using FFM and the drool runs out the side of our mouths when we sleep on our sides.
Awesome nice to know I'm not the only one
I am using the simplus by f&p so if you could send me instructions that would be awesome pm me

RE: Losing mask seal - PaytonA - 06-30-2014

You might also play with turning your humidification down a little as long as it not detrimental in any other way.

RE: Losing mask seal - Tez62 - 06-30-2014

Iceracer, I bought some Remzzz’s mask liners a 6 pack and although they say to only use them once you can wash them and get about 5-6 uses. I then made a template of what I needed from their liners and went to a fabric shop and got 3 ft of 50% cotton / 50% poly fabric and cut out my own and they also last 5-6 uses, the next time I bought 3 ft of 50% cotton / 50% lycra fabric. That last me about 3 months and costs about ten dollars. No need to do any sewing.

The template I have made is for the Resmed Quattro Air, happy to PM it to you but you maybe better to create your own seeing it's a different mask.

Hope that helps

RE: Losing mask seal - DNB128 - 07-01-2014

I made my own liners from a t-shirt that I bought at the goodwill store; I wash them in a mesh wash bag in the washing machine, lay them out flat to dry, then iron them to help them retain their shape. I use them just one night before putting them in the mesh bag, and I think they last longer... I have not made any new ones for a couple of months now. If you google "DIY cpap mask liner" there is a pattern that will work with many FF masks.

RE: Losing mask seal - Shastzi - 07-01-2014

I have been using Wet Ones to clean the mask sealing surface and then my face. That sticks on pretty well even at 20cm pressure.

Your mileage may vary.

Smile