Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Napping?? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Napping?? (/Thread-Napping)

Napping?? - Deux123 - 07-12-2014

WHat the heck?? I had to have a 2 hours power nap today. I couldn't even try to stay up. I have been doing so well with the resmed the last few weeks. I was down to .2 to .6 AH at night. Last night was .2, yet I needed a stupid power nap! ( I used the resmed for the power nap ) *sigh*

Oh well, one day day a month is better than 30! I should dump the SD card and see what went wrong.

RE: Napping?? - zonk - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 10:27 PM)Deux123 Wrote: Last night was .2, yet I needed a stupid power nap! ( I used the resmed for the power nap ) *sigh*
Same here, AHI consistently below 0.5 but on some days, I need to nap
Its like roulette wheel, you,re going get 'crappy night' now and then with the roll of the dice regardless of the numbers

RE: Napping?? - Sleepster - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 10:27 PM)Deux123 Wrote: WHat the heck?? I had to have a 2 hours power nap today.

That's not fair! I didn't get to take a nap today!!

RE: Napping?? - retired_guy - 07-12-2014

Power naps are good things! As long as your not behind the wheel when you do it. I take a mini-nap every once in a while. In fact I think I'll go do that now. Nah, I think I'll go to bed instead.

RE: Napping?? - DeepBreathing - 07-13-2014

There could be other things happening besides the apnea to make you tired during the day. eg you might have a slight virus infection, or maybe you've been over-doing things. Or maybe your body just needed a rest. If it just happens occasionally (and as Retired_guy said, not while you're driving) then I wouldn't worry about it.

RE: Napping?? - JimZZZ - 07-13-2014

Napping is okay. My dog does it and he doesn't even have APNEA. If it feels right...do it.

RE: Napping?? - Peter_C - 07-13-2014

Without going into all the PROs and CONs of 'sleep hygiene', I also see nothing with a nap here and there. A stressy day can create the need for a nap, all sorts of different non-OSA related issues can be in play creating the need for a nap. Sure, check your numbers if you like, but unless this becomes a bothersome pattern, I wouldn't even waste any time thinking about it.

RE: Napping?? - APAAW - 07-13-2014

FWIW, the subject came up with my sleep doc at my last appointment - she had no problems with napping, as long as I was napping with PAPping, and it didn't interfere with the next night's sleep or overall sleep hygiene. YMMV, etc.

RE: Napping?? - Peter_C - 07-13-2014

My sleep doc likes "planned sleep". Meaning if you are planning to nap, all is well. But if you are watching TV and zonk-out, that's bad news. Of course, any sleep no matter how short is with my dream machine - but his issue is not with naps, but with falling asleep while trying to do something else, regardless of how benign it is (TV, reading a book, listening to music, etc).