Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
If my settings are there to limit, then why.... (asv experts and all experts) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: If my settings are there to limit, then why.... (asv experts and all experts) (/Thread-If-my-settings-are-there-to-limit-then-why-asv-experts-and-all-experts)

If my settings are there to limit, then why.... (asv experts and all experts) - vig1116 - 08-08-2014

Ok, Im an asv adapt user but anyone may know the answer. My settings are EPAP 9, MIN PS 6 - MAX PS 15. So why the heck are my numbers consistently around:
Min Med 95% Max
EPAPExpiratory Pressure (cmH2O)
4.22 9.00 9.00 9.00
IPAPInspiratory Pressure (cmH2O)
4.56 16.84 20.64 24.00.

Why is my ipap going up to 24 when the max is 15?? Am i reading this all wrong?

PS could it be cause my leak rates are so high and it's pushing more air to compensate? around 20% per night

RE: If my settings are there to limit, then why.... (asv experts and all experts) - justMongo - 08-08-2014

I do not think it's set to 15. Your EPAP is capped at 9. But your PS can run from 6 to 15. IPAP = EPAP + PS.
Your IPAP can run up to 9 + 15 = 24. Which we see as your max.

Min Med 95% Max
4.56 16.84 20.64 24.00

RE: If my settings are there to limit, then why.... (asv experts and all experts) - robysue - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 07:10 AM)vig1116 Wrote: Ok, Im an asv adapt user but anyone may know the answer. My settings are EPAP 9, MIN PS 6 - MAX PS 15. So why the heck are my numbers consistently around:
Min Med 95% Max
EPAPExpiratory Pressure (cmH2O)
4.22 9.00 9.00 9.00
4.56 16.84 20.64 24.00.
Are these numbers coming from SleepyHead?

If so, it looks as though you are using a RAMP, and that would explain the very low min EPAP and MIN IPAP numbers.

Quote:Why is my ipap going up to 24 when the max is 15?? Am i reading this all wrong?
Your max pressure is NOT set to 15. Your max PS is set to 15. PS is the difference between EPAP and IPAP. In other words:

PS = IPAP - EPAP

Your settings allow PS to range from 6 to 15 cm. Hence after the ramp is over, your IPAP will always between EPAP + min PS and EPAP + max PS. In other words:

9 + 6 <= IPAP <= 9 + 15

So your IPAP can range from 15cm to 24cm

Quote:PS could it be cause my leak rates are so high and it's pushing more air to compensate? around 20% per night
Where is this leak number coming from? And can you show us the leak graph from SleepyHead?

RE: If my settings are there to limit, then why.... (asv experts and all experts) - vig1116 - 08-08-2014

Yes, i am using 20 min ramp time. i can try to post a pic from sleepyhead later. It's not pretty lol i get a lot of leakage during the night that I'm trying to fix. I need the pillows cause they open my nasal passages very well so i am trying to do whatever i can to get the swift fx to work. The leak rate number i got from sleepyhead on the right side in the middle. It says % of leak time

PS the swift fx work great at first, but seem to slip a little during sleep, not much, but enough to cause leaks around the pillows

RE: If my settings are there to limit, then why.... (asv experts and all experts) - PaytonA - 08-08-2014

I am not a sleepyhead user but I think that "% of leak time" may actually be % of time over leak rate X. Actual leak rates are reported in liters per minute (l/min).