Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New AVAPS 1160P with BPM Rate and I-time Qs - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New AVAPS 1160P with BPM Rate and I-time Qs (/Thread-New-AVAPS-1160P-with-BPM-Rate-and-I-time-Qs)

New AVAPS 1160P with BPM Rate and I-time Qs - Ron N Berkeley - 08-11-2014

New here and very much appreciate all the terrific info. I need to know how machine-triggered Inspiratory and expiratory cycles are timed in S/T mode when tidal volumes fall below set Vt thresholds and backup breath rate is set to ZERO. I'm wondering if inspiratory pressure actually increases as it should when Vt falls if the rate is zero. (Note: I'm puzzled about why the Polosomnography doc ordered a backup rate of zero was ordered with S/T mode, but it was.)

I'm OHS supposedly (even after reducing weight from 260 to 210) and now changing from a PR Bipap SV advanced to PR SystemOne Bipap AVAPS 1160P.

I did read all the great sws posts about I-time settings and how I/E ratios change as a function of I-time BPM (backup breath rate). I understand how to calculate rates with a bpm rate ordered, but not with zero.

Thanks much!

I also need Sleepyhead software for the 1160P, but will join the existing thread on that topic and get my data to the Sleepyhead guru.

RE: New AVAPS 1160P with BPM Rate and I-time Qs - trish6hundred - 08-11-2014

Hi Ron N Berkeley,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and best of luck to you.

RE: New AVAPS 1160P with BPM Rate and I-time Qs - Galactus - 08-11-2014

Welcome aboard. Someone will hopefully come by and know what you are talking about and offer some help. Sorry it isn't me. All the best and welcome again.

RE: New AVAPS 1160P with BPM Rate and I-time Qs - bawlmer - 03-19-2016

(08-11-2014, 04:55 PM)Ron N Berkeley Wrote: New here and very much appreciate all the terrific info. I need to know how machine-triggered Inspiratory and expiratory cycles are timed in S/T mode when tidal volumes fall below set Vt thresholds and backup breath rate is set to ZERO. I'm wondering if inspiratory pressure actually increases as it should when Vt falls if the rate is zero. (Note: I'm puzzled about why the Polosomnography doc ordered a backup rate of zero was ordered with S/T mode, but it was.)

I'm OHS supposedly (even after reducing weight from 260 to 210) and now changing from a PR Bipap SV advanced to PR SystemOne Bipap AVAPS 1160P.

I did read all the great sws posts about I-time settings and how I/E ratios change as a function of I-time BPM (backup breath rate). I understand how to calculate rates with a bpm rate ordered, but not with zero.

Thanks much!

I also need Sleepyhead software for the 1160P, but will join the existing thread on that topic and get my data to the Sleepyhead guru.

Hi Ron, I too just started using the 1160P. And thus far, I'm very frustrated with finding some software that will work with the PR 1160P. I've installed SH and it works, but it tells me the 1160P isn't yet supported. I found a supposed patch to make it work, but then it gives me a list of dll files that are missing. If you find some software to work, please let me know. And I will certainly do the same for you. BTW, I tried to register my BiPAP with Philips for the Dreamworks program, and it told me my S# is invalid. Sad I'll keep trying.

RE: New AVAPS 1160P with BPM Rate and I-time Qs - robertbuckley - 03-22-2016

Did the Dr. mean a backup rate set to auto, rather than zero? Zero makes no sense to me if you are using an SV type machine.