Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak (/Thread-AirFit-P10-tube-has-sprung-a-leak)

AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak - Clementine - 08-14-2014

gah. This P10 mask is 5 weeks old. Last night it somehow sprung a leak --- the tube where it connects to the mask. Quite a sizeable leak, too. It woke me up. I have a message in to my DME to see about replacing it.
Is this a common problem?

RE: AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak - trish6hundred - 08-14-2014

Hi Clementine,
So far, I haven't had that problem yet but mine isn't quite 5 weeks old. Those tubes are so thin, I wondered if they wouldn't be easily punctured. I haven't heard of anyone else having that particular problem, though.
Good luck getting it straightened out.

RE: AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak - Clementine - 08-14-2014

It seems to be very thin and vulnerable right there at that joining of the tube to the mask. That's where the leak is.

I wasn't hard on the tube or mask, either. I did notice it does feel somewhat flimsy there and I didn't want to accidentally break it or something, so I have been gently cleaning and handling it. Apparently I turned last night and it was enough force that it pulled the tube away slightly from the mask. It is about a quarter- to half-inch opening where it pulled apart.

It really needs to be a joint that swivels or something . . . . rather than the fixed joint.

Just got a call back from the DME and they assure me that they will get me set up with another mask for tonight -- I wonder if it will be a loaner. I'm not supposed to get a new one for another few months.

RE: AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak - herbm - 08-14-2014

First I have heard of it -- and I follow any messages about the P10 closely.

I would think they would replace a (fairly) new one like yours.

After that, either silicone cement or silver tape or both -- depending on precisely where and how the leak manifests.

I have used one mask to replacement although like a worn house shoe it still servers me some nights and started my 2nd P10, but that is just a one off anecdotal story.

RE: AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak - drgrimes - 08-15-2014

I hope your P10 gets replaced free of charge. It should. I just got a new P10 three days ago. Yes it is super light, simple, and maybe even a bit flimsy but I LOVE IT!!. Mine is so comfortable, easy on/off, and for some odd reason I can turn from side to side without leaking. My old nasal setup is good, very good, but I have to be very careful rolling on to my sides. The P10 being so simple and light, I figured would be more prone to leaking but not so far.

I hope it hangs in there for the long haul, because I could learn to love this one.

My DME loaded me up with goodies, saying that I was due under Medicare/insurance guidelines. So, I got a new/spare tank, new hose, filters, AND the P10. Pretty weird when getting CPAP stuff is like Christmas.

RE: AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak - Clementine - 08-15-2014

LOL. I can understand how it would feel like Christmas. Big Grin

I did get a free replacement yesterday; the DME will send it back to the company as faulty. Now I'm going to feel like I cannot turn over for fear of cracking that tube again . . .

I'm okay with the P10 but I do have some leaks when turning over. Not enough to cause problems, I guess. I still get the smiley face. Smile

RE: AirFit P10 tube has sprung a leak - Galactus - 08-15-2014

I just got mine finally and have yet to open the box and use it. I hope it is problem free and glad to hear they are replacing it.