Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
bipap auto results - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: bipap auto results (/Thread-bipap-auto-results)

bipap auto results - tubeheadmike - 08-19-2014

Hello folks! I've been wearing a cpap since 2000. A little over a year ago I saw a new sleep doctor (40 miles closer than the initial one) and he prescribed a respiroinics bipap auto 750p.

My sleep life has been miserable since. Back to the sleep doc twice and he raised ipap by 1 each trip. No real difference in sleep.Typical ahi 10 - 17. What to do I ask myself Sleep doc no help, dme staff doesn't really understand the product.

So I start by changing ipap 10, 12, 13, 14 and sleep a night on each setting. Some little help between 10 - 13. On this machine max ps is 7. It is hard to exhale with an epap of 6 or 7.While going through the setup I had noticed a max pressure=25 and left it alone. As I said these changes produced marginal sleep benefits.

Last night before bed I decided to clean up the max pressure=25. Changed to 15 and stated top down through setup menu. Lo and behold in the mode selection there was a "auto biflex" selection. Turned it on and and set epap[=5. Got a decent nights rest (for me) with an ahi for 8.09.

My sleep study specified a cpap pressure of 13 (circa 2000). yeah i know. Last night ipap and epap danced around all over the chart for the first time ever epap 90% 8.00 max 9.00
ipap 10.00 11.00

So where to from here, guess I need to figure out get a sleepyhead chart posted here.

RE: bipap auto resukts - eviltim - 08-19-2014

I'm really surprised; I guess you must've gotten used to the high exhale pressure. I'm not familiar with that model but I assume that, like mine, it has a straight CPAP mode. Have you considered trying that?

RE: bipap auto resukts - trish6hundred - 08-19-2014

Hi tubeheadmike,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know enough to give you advice on your BIPAP machine but hang in there and others will be along to help you, soon.
Best of luck to you.

RE: bipap auto results - Galactus - 08-19-2014

Hang tight there one of the geniuses will be around to help with that setup, was talking to one earlier, they'll be here to help soon.

RE: bipap auto results - justMongo - 08-20-2014

(08-19-2014, 09:33 PM)tubeheadmike Wrote: Hello folks! I've been wearing a cpap since 2000. A little over a year ago I saw a new sleep doctor (40 miles closer than the initial one) and he prescribed a respiroinics bipap auto 750p.

My sleep life has been miserable since. Back to the sleep doc twice and he raised ipap by 1 each trip. No real difference in sleep.Typical ahi 10 - 17. What to do I ask myself Sleep doc no help, dme staff doesn't really understand the product.

So I start by changing ipap 10, 12, 13, 14 and sleep a night on each setting. Some little help between 10 - 13. On this machine max ps is 7. It is hard to exhale with an epap of 6 or 7.While going through the setup I had noticed a max pressure=25 and left it alone. As I said these changes produced marginal sleep benefits.

Last night before bed I decided to clean up the max pressure=25. Changed to 15 and stated top down through setup menu. Lo and behold in the mode selection there was a "auto biflex" selection. Turned it on and and set epap[=5. Got a decent nights rest (for me) with an ahi for 8.09.

My sleep study specified a cpap pressure of 13 (circa 2000). yeah i know. Last night ipap and epap danced around all over the chart for the first time ever epap 90% 8.00 max 9.00
ipap 10.00 11.00

So where to from here, guess I need to figure out get a sleepyhead chart posted here.

This suggests to me that PS=2 is set.
You might need a wider split.

RE: bipap auto resukts - tubeheadmike - 08-20-2014

(08-19-2014, 09:54 PM)eviltim Wrote: I'm really surprised; I guess you must've gotten used to the high exhale pressure. I'm not familiar with that model but I assume that, like mine, it has a straight CPAP mode. Have you considered trying that?
I did put it in cpap cflex2 for a few days, it did not work well at that time (it did work well for years). As it turned out I had a low B12 level which causes shallow breathing. It may be time to revisit. Mt guess is the anemia was caused by lack of rest, I sure have not missed any meals Rolleyes

RE: bipap auto results - tubeheadmike - 08-20-2014

[/quote]

This suggests to me that PS=2 is set.
You might need a wider split.
[/quote]
Mongo, that sounds logical, just checked max ps=7.
There is no min ps setting in auto biflex mode.

Last night:
AHI=6.96

90% max
ipap 10.00 11.2
epap 8.00 9.00
ps 3.9 4.00