Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Question on Respironics lineup - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Question on Respironics lineup (/Thread-Equipment-Question-on-Respironics-lineup)

Question on Respironics lineup - OMyMyOHellYes - 09-03-2014

OK - I don't know much on the Respironics lineup. I occasionally see one pop up at what may be a deal price, but I don't know enough to know what I am looking at as I find their naming/numbering conventions confusing.

For Resmed, I get the whole "avoid the Escape" models if you want data. What would the current Respironics analog to the Resmed S9 AutoSet or the "AirSense" 10 AutoSet ("AirSense" makes no sense to me - why it is not just the S10 - why say things in eight letters that can just as well be said with one?)

Auto, heated humidifier, maybe climate line tube (assume you can substitute normal slim line tube), data dumping (assume sd card)?

OMM

RE: Question on Respironics lineup - Ghost1958 - 09-03-2014

The PR System One Series 60 auto aflex with heated tube humidifier "the model 560" would be the PR machine that is the equivalent of the S9 autoset.

The Pr system one model 550 is basically the same machine but with a slightly different response time and no heated tube.

RE: Question on Respironics lineup - Terry - 09-03-2014

(09-03-2014, 10:16 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: The PR System One Series 60 auto aflex with heated tube humidifier "the model 560" would be the PR machine that is the equivalent of the S9 autoset.

The Pr system one model 550 is basically the same machine but with a slightly different response time and no heated tube.

FWIW, the heated tube probably isn't necessary. They changed the humidifier to keep the humidity in the tube below the dew point in the room, so there's no rain-out even with no heated tube.

At least not so far. I'll let you guys know next February when it's 4°F outside. 8-)

RE: Question on Respironics lineup - bwexler - 09-03-2014

To get the heated tube option on the PRS1 you need the 560TS which includes the proper connection on the humidifier, the heated tube, and the 80 watt power brick which is necessary to power the heated tube.

RE: Question on Respironics lineup - OMyMyOHellYes - 09-04-2014

Thanks for the input, folks.

OMM

RE: Question on Respironics lineup - archangle - 09-05-2014

Check my signature line.

The 60 series is basically the 50 series with an optional heated hose. Some of the 60 series humidifiers will support a heated hose, but some won't.

Avoid (All lack efficiency data)
Model 220 PRS1 REMstar SE
Model 150/160 PRS1 REMstar
Model 250/260 PRS1 REMstar Plus

Good (Full data)
Model 450/460 PRS1 REMstar Pro
Model 550/560 PRS1 REMstar Auto

RE: Question on Respironics lineup - Ghost1958 - 09-05-2014

Yep. Ive been back and forth with heated hose mode and system one mode of humidification. For summer because I like to breathe cooler air but with humidity. The system one mode Ive run wide open and down to setting 1 with no rain out. I like 2 or 3 in S1 mode. Get plenty of humidity but the air is cool.

Since we have a cold bedroom, " use a fireplace insert and only wife and I here so shut it down low to hold fire so Im pretty sure the heated hose mode will be the choice in winter to avoid ice nose LOL.

Both modes work great though.

RE: Question on Respironics lineup - Brian E - 09-06-2014

(09-05-2014, 07:27 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Yep. Ive been back and forth with heated hose mode and system one mode of humidification.

Do you change out the complete humidifier or just the hose to change modes?

Thanks,
Brian