Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New BiPap User - Stats - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New BiPap User - Stats (/Thread-New-BiPap-User-Stats)

New BiPap User - Stats - LJones - 09-05-2014

Ok, so after a month of being passed around from medical supply to medical supply, I finally picked up my BiPap yesterday and eagerly went to sleep last night. I was expecting miracles and maybe it happened, idk. I yawned a ton this morning, but I didn't fall asleep at work. So, at least no damage was done. I downloaded the SleepyHead program and brought up my stats. I assume all looks good. I tried to wade through the data info on here, but it is vast. From what I can tell last night went well. At least I slept with it on all night

I have a Philips Respironics RemStar BiPap with Auto (760P). I used a nose mask that didn't seem to give me any trouble. Here are the numbers... Tell me if this is good for a first night.
[attachment=1021]
[attachment=1022]

RE: New BiPap User - Stats - zonk - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 05:17 PM)LJones Wrote: From what I can tell last night went well. At least I slept with it on all night
Fantastic 1st night, go and treat yourself to something nice
Congrats

RE: New BiPap User - Stats - LJones - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 05:27 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 05:17 PM)LJones Wrote: From what I can tell last night went well. At least I slept with it on all night
Fantastic 1st night, go and treat yourself to something nice
Congrats

I'll do that!!! I was concerned about the leak rate. They sent me home with a small-medium mask. I found it hard to breathe with it, so I changed it to the large. It almost seemed too easy to breathe with. So, I was worried it was leaking. Before the BiPap I was having, I think they said, over 160 episodes per hour. It must have helped!

RE: New BiPap User - Stats - trish6hundred - 09-05-2014

Hi LJones,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: New BiPap User - Stats - zonk - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 05:30 PM)LJones Wrote: I was concerned about the leak rate.
% of time above above leak threshold ... 0.69%
Hours of sleep ... 7.16 hours

If my math is correct, that means you spent about 3 minutes above what the machine consider acceptable leak threshold

I would not worry about it, Chinstrap can helps keep mouth closed and minimize mouth leaks

RE: New BiPap User - Stats - Clementine - 09-05-2014

I don't know much yet, but it looks good to me. It's what I'm trying to get to . . .

RE: New BiPap User - Stats - retired_guy - 09-05-2014

Those numbers look good LJ. What you want to do is just see how it goes for a few days, then you can think about any pressure adjustments to bring the ahi a little lower if need be.

I'm seeing your pressure at 4/9 which would be uncomfortably low for me. But run with it for awhile and see how you feel.

Good job!