Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Hardcore Sleeping! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Hardcore Sleeping! (/Thread-Hardcore-Sleeping)

Pages: 1 2 3

Hardcore Sleeping! - Dreamcatcher - 04-12-2012

We had a power cut today that lasted over 90 minutes and the strange thing is I kept on sleeping with my mask on and no power to the machine, in fact I only woke up when the power came back on with a "What just happend" look on my face I turned over and went back to sleep. Just goes to show you can sleep without power and still wear your mask although it is abit hardcore Too-funnyCool

RE: Hardcore Sleeping! - PaulaO2 - 04-12-2012

I could do that with my old S7 for the first half hour or so. But the S9, I am awake as soon as it goes off. I cannot breathe at all. It is frightening.

RE: Hardcore Sleeping! - Cutter - 04-12-2012

I just instantly become a mouth breather if my CPAP powers off.

RE: Hardcore Sleeping! - Dreamcatcher - 04-12-2012

(04-12-2012, 01:14 PM)Cutter Wrote: I just instantly become a mouth breather if my CPAP powers off.

Strange as I run a full face quattro and it never woke me, I guess the only problems your going to get in these situations in the panic attack thinking you cant breath when as proven you can.

RE: Hardcore Sleeping! - JudgeMental - 04-12-2012

Your full face mask operated just as it was designed. It has a reverse flap vent that allows you to receive fresh air when you inhale during the time that the power goes off. Nasal and pillows style mask do not have this feature because your mouth will open and you can inhale fresh air. Full face mask have this feature because your nose and mouth are both encased in the mask.

And yes it is "hard core" sleeping.. I use a pillows mask and am awaken immediately when the power goes off.

RE: Hardcore Sleeping! - Sleepster - 04-12-2012

The first time we had a power outage I did wake up. Then I installed a battery back up. The next time we had a power outage I slept right through it. Wink

If my bedroom had a 3 prong outlet, I'd get one, too.

RE: Hardcore Sleeping! - Sleepster - 04-12-2012

(04-12-2012, 07:41 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If my bedroom had a 3 prong outlet, I'd get one, too.

Just get one of those adapters.

Not sure a good UPS would tolerate that. This house is about as grounded as, well, something totally not grounded.

RE: Hardcore Sleeping! - greatunclebill - 04-12-2012

(04-12-2012, 08:05 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Not sure a good UPS would tolerate that. This house is about as grounded as, well, something totally not grounded.

the adapter should have a wire sticking out so you can screw it into the center screw on the switch plate. if the box and the conduit in the wall is metal, there's your ground.