Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Corrupt SD card - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Corrupt SD card (/Thread-Corrupt-SD-card)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Corrupt SD card - GrammaBear - 09-09-2014

Today was my appointment with the sleep doctor and I brought the SD card from my cpap machine as requested. I was quite surprised when one of the nurses came into the exam room and told me that they could not download the SD card. After my appointment with the doctor, he told me to take my card to the Home Care place where I get my cpap supplies and they would download it.

I didn't quite understand how the cpap supplier could download it if the doctor's office was not able to, but I did as I was directed. It turns out that the SD card was corrupt and the DME gave me a new one. They were able to download from the machine (as just for the heck of it, I had packed up my machine and took it with me to the DME location). The information from my machine was faxed to the sleep doctor's office and hopefully within the next few days he will be able to view it.

Do all of you take your machine with you when you have your 'check up' appointment with the sleep doctor? Is this something I should be doing in the future? I have no idea how the SD card became corrupt, didn't even know that was a possibility.

RE: Corrupt SD card - retired_guy - 09-09-2014

Well, my guess is your sleep doc inserted it into their nice Windows 8.1 computer, then couldn't figure out how to run the Resmed program and gave the card back to you ---- after Windows 8.1 had it's way with it. So your DME poked it into your machine and it was reformatted.

But that's just a crazy guess. Don't know how such a thing could happen.

Anyhow, good job taking your machine with you to your appointment.

RE: Corrupt SD card - trish6hundred - 09-09-2014

Hi GrammaBear,
Sounds like you did the right thing by taking your machine to your apointment, good goin'.

RE: Corrupt SD card - Galactus - 09-09-2014

Damned corruption, it is everywhere, even on SD Cards.

But seriously, I have been bringing my machine with me too. I never know what new dance they will make me do when there, or what questions they may ask so I come prepared. As you learned today "Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it." Good old Boy Scouts always be prepared.

RE: Corrupt SD card - archangle - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 05:22 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Well, my guess is your sleep doc inserted it into their nice Windows 8.1 computer, then couldn't figure out how to run the Resmed program and gave the card back to you ---- after Windows 8.1 had it's way with it. So your DME poked it into your machine and it was reformatted.

Apparently Gramma isn't using software to read her SD card, so the card may have been corrupt for quite some time. SD cards do that from time to time for no particular reason.

Even though Win8.1 will affect the card and make the S9 machine reject it, ResScan will still read the card.

This does point out that it's a good idea to lock the SD card before giving it to your doctor or DME, but they may well unlock it and erase it anyway.

RE: Corrupt SD card - GrammaBear - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 06:13 PM)archangle Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 05:22 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Well, my guess is your sleep doc inserted it into their nice Windows 8.1 computer, then couldn't figure out how to run the Resmed program and gave the card back to you ---- after Windows 8.1 had it's way with it. So your DME poked it into your machine and it was reformatted.

Apparently Gramma isn't using software to read her SD card, so the card may have been corrupt for quite some time. SD cards do that from time to time for no particular reason.

Even though Win8.1 will affect the card and make the S9 machine reject it, ResScan will still read the card.

This does point out that it's a good idea to lock the SD card before giving it to your doctor or DME, but they may well unlock it and erase it anyway.

Lock the SD card Unsure When I took my machine and card to the DME, I was hopeful they would correct the time on the machine. But NOPE....not only is the time still wrong but now the date is also wrong. I tried resetting it but get a message that says "invalid time and date." Sure wish they would have fixed that.....it isn't a really big deal but would have been nice for it to be correct.

The sleep doctor's office was able to read the card at last years visit, but not this year. Who knows why it happened, guess it doesn't really matter.

You can change the time yourself, and there is a clinicians setup manual in the "CPAP Setup Manuals" link at the top of the forum page here. Just go there get the manual and you can set it and not have to rely on them.

(09-09-2014, 06:56 PM)Galactus Wrote: You can change the time yourself, and there is a clinicians setup manual in the "CPAP Setup Manuals" link at the top of the forum page here. Just go there get the manual and you can set it and not have to rely on them.

For some unknown reason my machine is apparently set (from the factory) in "military time." I've printed a copy of the instructions for setting the time from this forum and still the military time "trumps" any changes I try to make. Sad

I don't have an s9 I have the prs1, but I found this, does it help?

Tools>Options> A box will open. In the middle of the box there is a section called Time Scale. Choose "AM / PM" and all data you review will use that scale.

(09-09-2014, 07:05 PM)Galactus Wrote: I don't have an s9 I have the prs1, but I found this, does it help?

Tools>Options> A box will open. In the middle of the box there is a section called Time Scale. Choose "AM / PM" and all data you review will use that scale.

Sadly enough, No, it doesn't change the onscreen message I get. I looked carefully at the message and it not only says "invalid date/time" but also says: date exists for this time period. I don't know whether to be confused or angry Oh-jeez