Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
System one humidifier - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: System one humidifier (/Thread-System-one-humidifier)

Pages: 1 2 3

System one humidifier - W LODE - 09-15-2014

After a night of use should the water level in the tank be much lower than full, seems the level goes down slightly is this normal?

RE: System one humidifier - Galactus - 09-15-2014

Yes, depending on the settings only a little water will be used. Happens to me all the time.

Welcome to the board.

RE: System one humidifier - archangle - 09-15-2014

Yes, the water level should go down as water evaporates.

How quickly varies enormously with the humidifier settings, CPAP pressure, how much air leakage you have, room temperature and humidity.

Some people get almost no water usage per night, some tend to run out during the night.

RE: System one humidifier - LJones - 09-15-2014

I'm a little confused on the settings as well... Does the dial control the heat level or the volume of the humidity? Both? I'd like more moisture (desert), but I don't like breathing in hot air... (Though I am accused of frequently being full of it)

RE: System one humidifier - Galactus - 09-15-2014

(09-15-2014, 10:51 PM)LJones Wrote: I'm a little confused on the settings as well... Does the dial control the heat level or the volume of the humidity? Both? I'd like more moisture (desert), but I don't like breathing in hot air... (Though I am accused of frequently being full of it)

It is the desired humidity level, 1 being dry, 5 being most humidity.

RE: System one humidifier - Fat Rat - 09-16-2014

In the provider menue you can choose 'System One humidification on/off'. With this setting you decide if you want conventional control by temperature only (off) or by control of the moisture of the room (on). In the System One mode the loss of water differs from night to night depending of the temperature and the humidity of the air.

Fat Rat

RE: System one humidifier - archangle - 09-16-2014

(09-15-2014, 10:51 PM)LJones Wrote: I'm a little confused on the settings as well... Does the dial control the heat level or the volume of the humidity? Both? I'd like more moisture (desert), but I don't like breathing in hot air... (Though I am accused of frequently being full of it)

The only way the machine has to increase the humidity is to heat the water, so if you want humidity, you are going to get the heat.

The room air temperature and humidity will affect how much heat is needed to get a certain level of humidity, but given a certain temp and humidity of room air, you can only get that humidity level with a certain temperature of the air in the hose.

The System One humidification tries to predict how much heat to add to get a fixed humidity, so it may heat the air less if the room air is fairly humid.

A heated hose only makes the heat situation worse.

RE: System one humidifier - JimZZZ - 09-16-2014

During the summer, the humidity was so high in my house that the humidifier was using almost no water. So, I removed the humidifier completely and found that I really don't need it. I notice no dry mouth, parched nostrils, etc. Perhaps this will change during the lower humidity of winter but for now I'm pleased that I don't have to fuss with the humidifier and endure the discomfort of breathing warmed air.

RE: System one humidifier - trish6hundred - 09-16-2014

Hi W LODE,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: System one humidifier - Galactus - 09-16-2014

I know that the water needs to be heated to get the vapor in the air to maintain the humidity, but I never found the air to be "heated", the air always seems to me to be about the rooms temperature heat. In the winter if the bedroom is cold the air is cold and when hot in the summer it seems hot. I find when I turn up the humidifier it gets moister but not really hotter. Am I missing the boat there? Can only describe how it feels to me. But if my info is incorrect please feel free to correct me so no one gets wrong info.