Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Mac Software for ResMed - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Mac Software for ResMed (/Thread-Mac-Software-for-ResMed)

Mac Software for ResMed - Little Guy - 09-19-2014

Newby... looking for a software that can be used on a IMac machine.Does Rescan can be used, if not, is there anything that can do the job? Any recommendations please. Thanks!:thanks:

RE: Mac Software for ResMed - zonk - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 10:16 PM)Little Guy Wrote: Newby... looking for a software that can be used on a IMac machine.Does Rescan can be used, if not, is there anything that can do the job? Any recommendations please. Thanks!Thanks
ResScan windows only, does not works with Mac computers

SleepyHead support S9 and works with Mac computers
SleepyHead link is at the top of the page

Btw, whats the model of your S9, model name printed next to power button

Welcome

RE: Mac Software for ResMed - trish6hundred - 09-19-2014

Hi Little Guy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
SleepyHead works on the Mac.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Mac Software for ResMed - Little Guy - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 10:26 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 10:16 PM)Little Guy Wrote: Newby... looking for a software that can be used on a IMac machine.Does Rescan can be used, if not, is there anything that can do the job? Any recommendations please. Thanks!Thanks
ResScan windows only, does not works with Mac computers

SleepyHead support S9 and works with Mac computers
SleepyHead link is at the top of the page

Btw, whats the model of your S9, model name printed next to power button

Welcome
Thanks all for your prompt answers. For Thrish6hundred, the model is S9, Autoset EPR.

EPR is Expiratory Pressure Relief , all S9 models comes with EPR

Here how to identify the name
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]

RE: Mac Software for ResMed - Little Guy - 09-19-2014

For Zonk. It says Autoset EPR, exactly the same as the picture you're showing there! You win!

(09-19-2014, 10:47 PM)Little Guy Wrote: For Zonk. It says Autoset EPR, exactly the same as the picture you're showing there! You win!
Awesome machine, just make sure the SD card remain inside the machine
One tip been mentioned quite often is to move the sliding lock on the SD card to "locked position" during download and move it back to "unlocked position" before you insert the card back in the machine

[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]

RE: Mac Software for ResMed - Homerec130 - 09-20-2014

Definitely lock the SD card as Zonk said. Your Mac will write to the card. I run SleepyHead for the Mac on my Mavericks iMac and it works like a champ.

Homer

RE: Mac Software for ResMed - ShelaghDB - 09-20-2014

Quote:Definitely lock the SD card as Zonk said. Your Mac will write to the card

I have 2 Macbook Pros, as well as a Samsung Windows Laptop and I fluctuate between SleepyHead and Rescan on them, although generally I avoid windows like the plague and use OSX instead and I have to say I have never locked mine and Ive never had this problem that people speak of, of my mac writing to the card

i have it all backed up if it does, but its never happened here............for what its worth.........

RE: Mac Software for ResMed - vsheline - 09-21-2014

(09-20-2014, 10:41 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: I have 2 Macbook Pros, as well as a Samsung Windows Laptop and I fluctuate between SleepyHead and Rescan on them, although generally I avoid windows like the plague and use OSX instead and I have to say I have never locked mine and Ive never had this problem that people speak of, of my mac writing to the card

Which Windows emulator do you use on your Macs? And which version of Windows is your virtual machine running?

I use Parallels and I am pretty sure I have never had a problem with my Win XP virtual machine writing to the card.

(But I have heard of users having trouble with Windows 8.1 writing to the card.)

Thanks,
--- vaughn