Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] ResMed Oximeter - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] ResMed Oximeter (/Thread-Equipment-ResMed-Oximeter)

ResMed Oximeter - ppatel - 09-26-2014

I have a ResMed VPAP Auto and recently purchased the ResMed Oximeter and Accessory Kit. I have clipped it to the back of the machine as instructed and wore the probe on my finger all night. The red light was on. But, when I download the data of my SD Card into the ResLink software, no oximetry data comes up. What to do? Any help is appreciated. [/font]

RE: ResMed Oximeter - trish6hundred - 09-26-2014

Hi ppatel,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not able to help you with your question, but hang in there and someone who knows the ins & outs of your machine and oximeter will be along to help soon.
Best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

RE: ResMed Oximeter - vsheline - 09-27-2014

(09-26-2014, 02:04 PM)ppatel Wrote: I have a ResMed VPAP Auto and recently purchased the ResMed Oximeter and Accessory Kit. I have clipped it to the back of the machine as instructed and wore the probe on my finger all night. The red light was on. But, when I download the data of my SD Card into the ResLink software, no oximetry data comes up. What to do? Any help is appreciated. [/font]

Hi ppatel, welcome to the forum!

I suppose you mean ResScan software.

In ResScan 5.1, on the Detailed Graphs screen, in the upper right is a small icon which, if your mouse hovers over it will say something like "Show/Hide Graph Information Panel". Click on it and at top of the data selection panel select the tab which lists what graphs will be visible on the Detailed Data screen, and put check marks in the boxes next to the oximeter data, so this data will be plotted along with the other detailed data (the plots for pressure, leak, etc.).

RE: ResMed Oximeter - ppatel - 09-27-2014

(09-27-2014, 02:40 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(09-26-2014, 02:04 PM)ppatel Wrote: I have a ResMed VPAP Auto and recently purchased the ResMed Oximeter and Accessory Kit. I have clipped it to the back of the machine as instructed and wore the probe on my finger all night. The red light was on. But, when I download the data of my SD Card into the ResLink software, no oximetry data comes up. What to do? Any help is appreciated. [/font]

Hi ppatel, welcome to the forum!

I suppose you mean ResScan software.

In ResScan 5.1, on the Detailed Graphs screen, in the upper right is a small icon which, if your mouse hovers over it will say something like "Show/Hide Graph Information Panel". Click on it and at top of the data selection panel select the tab which lists what graphs will be visible on the Detailed Data screen, and put check marks in the boxes next to the oximeter data, so this data will be plotted along with the other detailed data the (plots for pressure, leak, etc.).

Thanks, that worked!

RE: ResMed Oximeter - dubli - 10-12-2014

Smile
ppatel - wondering, how are you liking your VPAP Auto?

Is it comfortable to wear and use?

Thank you

RE: ResMed Oximeter - ppatel - 10-12-2014

(10-12-2014, 09:51 AM)dubli Wrote: Smile
ppatel - wondering, how are you liking your VPAP Auto?

Is it comfortable to wear and use?

Thank you

I really like it, much more comfortable than the regular CPAP that I used to use (ResMed S9 AutoSet). I strongly beleive that a bilevel machine is far superior to a standard CPAP especially if you are a heavier guy and use higher pressures. I was always resistant to the concept of a bipap, bacause the ones that I have seen (in hospitals where I work) were so large and used horrible masks. I did not realize that you could use the smae masks as CPAP masks. And, the ResMed VPAP is quieter!!