Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed S10 AutoSet - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed S10 AutoSet (/Thread-ResMed-S10-AutoSet)

ResMed S10 AutoSet - cowboy1970 - 10-06-2014

Hi, as some of you know from previous posts of mine, I have been on legit CPAP therapy for almost three months now.

I did it for a couple years using the underground railroad until my insurance got better.

Anyway, my son (15) just recently got diagnosed as well. They removed his adenoids and tonsils and did a second apnea test. He was high enough that they decided to start therapy just last friday.

We picked up his machine and was surprised to receive the ResMed S10 AutoSet even tho the prescription states the S9.

I was a lil bent about them switching it up because I use an S9 and felt that we would both be better off with similar equipment and supplies. Also I use the ResScan software on my laptop. The DME assured me that it would be compatible with the software.

I tried today to load his info after creating a seperate profile for him and it did not work. I compared data on both cards and they do have a different folder setup on the S10 memory card.

If anyone here has tips on how to get it to load up, I would greatly
appreciate it.

I also am not happy to have such a new system because there are not enough customer reviews to know if this may be a lemon out of the box. Anyone remember the Elite disaster?

Another issue, it also has a built in device to send data unlike the snap on cell device on mine. I don't like this for several reasons...future data charges, no way to resell, more electronic radiation and so on.

Anyway, it does have an 'airplane mode' that disables the cell modem, but who knows if they can just turn it back on without you knowing.

The DME said that it was only just released in the U.S. last month but have been used in Europe for around a year, so who knows.

RE: ResMed S10 AutoSet - Lazer1234 - 10-06-2014

I think you need ResScan 5.1
and no, we havent got A10 in Europe yet.

RE: ResMed S10 AutoSet - zonk - 10-06-2014

(10-06-2014, 02:03 PM)cowboy1970 Wrote: We picked up his machine and was surprised to receive the ResMed S10 AutoSet even tho the prescription states the S9.
There is no ResMed S10 AutoSet, its ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or in short A10 AutoSet

What Lazer1234 said, you need ResScan 5.1
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-ResScan-5-1-Software-Download-Link-for-ResMed-machines-only

I have both S9 AutoSet and A10 AutoSet, ResScan 5.1 released not long ago and support both machines

RE: ResMed S10 AutoSet - cowboy1970 - 10-06-2014

Thanks so much, guys. I just checked my software, and sure enough, it's 4.01.013.....sooo upgrade time.

I can't tell you how many times, I have posted problems here and gotten swift and effective help. I really appreciate this site.

Also thx for letting me know about the S10 in europe. I kinda got the impression from some other stuff my DME said, that he was shining me on and was use to just blurting out whatever he felt would comfort the patient.

I don't like the "used-car-salesmen" approach to my medical needs. No offense to used car salemen. I was a realtor for years but still managed not to shred my dignity. I was the guy that made sure my clients fully understood what their home inspection was stating and I also went over their loan conditions and fees with a fine tooth comb, so they didn't get fake or needless charges. But I was also the guy who would sit you down to talk about doing a short sale and how underwater your home equity is, rather than just mindlessly add you as another listing for my street cred.

It's hard to make money and maintain integrity, you have to work harder for less and get use to people being offended at your honesty.

RE: ResMed S10 AutoSet - Lazer1234 - 10-06-2014

(10-06-2014, 08:10 PM)cowboy1970 Wrote: Also thx for letting me know about the S10 in europe.

A10 is the name Wink

And about A10 in Europe and other country: i think only U.S and Australia have the A10 today.

"ApneaLink Air and AirFit masks are available now in the U.S. and other select markets. The AirSense 10 and AirView will be available in the U.S. and Australia on Aug. 18, and other markets later this calendar year. The AirCurve 10 Series and myAir will also be available later this calendar year."

http://investor.resmed.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=70291&p=irol-newsArticle_pf&ID=1957278

RE: ResMed S10 AutoSet - archangle - 10-06-2014

(10-06-2014, 02:03 PM)cowboy1970 Wrote: Anyone remember the Elite disaster?

What was "the Elite disaster?"

(10-06-2014, 02:03 PM)cowboy1970 Wrote: The DME said that it was only just released in the U.S. last month but have been used in Europe for around a year, so who knows.

He's lying. I would say he's mistaken, but it's a DME. If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

RE: ResMed S10 AutoSet - Alnico - 10-29-2014

Can someone who has the new RESMED A10 Autoset let me know if it uses a 'cooldown' like the S9? This is the most annoying feature of the S9 and regularly limits my sleep. I start the S9 and walk away, only find it has cooled down when I come back; or if I decide to go to bed, I fall asleep while waiting for 'warming' before putting on my mask - and awaken to find it 'cool down' complete instead of just turning off the heat.

Also, is there now an option for a power loss alarm built-in, or do I still need a UPS for that?