Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SD Card issue? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SD Card issue? (/Thread-SD-Card-issue)

Pages: 1 2

SD Card issue? - PsychoMike - 10-15-2014

Hey all,

Has anyone else ever had an issue with the SD card from their S9 not being readable in ResMed's software, but working just fine with Sleepyhead? Seems to be the case for me right now (and my DME)...Sleepyhead still reading it just fine, but to the DME and my version of ResMed's software, it keeps spitting out an error and getting no data.

Tried reformatting and letting the S9 erase and re-establish....worked for a day. Grrrrr.

RE: SD Card issue? - JJJ - 10-15-2014

My DME just gave me a new one and didn't even ask for money. Even if you can't get one for free from your supplier they are pretty cheap -$5-6 online and somewhat more in brick and mortar stores. To solve the problem I would start by just getting a new card.

RE: SD Card issue? - PaulaO2 - 10-15-2014

How weird! SH sees the data but ResScan doesn't?

So yeah, try a new card. About the only thing left. You won't lose anything if SH is seeing it at least.

RE: SD Card issue? - Galactus - 10-16-2014

I'm not certain but I recall reading somewhere that if the card was put in a windows system with specific OS I think it was 8.0 or 8.1 that it wrote a file to the card if it wasn't locked and that would cause the proprietary software to stop reading the card but sleepy head would still read it. Somewhere on a thread someone mentioned this, as I don't have that system I didn't pay much attention.

RE: SD Card issue? - Doc J - 10-16-2014

That windows problem would make sense why it worked one day then quit but with that issue the S9 would want to reformat card because of extra file. And that was avoided by locking the card. So this may be different since it is just with Resmed's program, hope you get it figured out.

RE: SD Card issue? - archangle - 10-17-2014

(10-16-2014, 10:49 PM)Galactus Wrote: I'm not certain but I recall reading somewhere that if the card was put in a windows system with specific OS I think it was 8.0 or 8.1 that it wrote a file to the card if it wasn't locked and that would cause the proprietary software to stop reading the card but sleepy head would still read it. Somewhere on a thread someone mentioned this, as I don't have that system I didn't pay much attention.

Windows 8.1 writes some stuff to the card. Some versions of Mac may do the same. ResMed S9 machines will refuse to use the card and will want to reformat.

This only affects ResMed machines due to some bad decisions they made in the software in the machine. I think it's only S9, machines, but I'm not sure about A10 models.

ResScan and SleepyHead don't care about the extra files.

There are some links in my signature line about how to prevent or fix a "corrupted" S9 SD card.

RE: SD Card issue? - PsychoMike - 10-17-2014

Thanks for the links, archangle....my case is a little different. The S9 and Sleepyhead don't have any issues with the card....only ResScan.

I may just download the data to Sleepyhead tomorrow morning, reformat the card and then remove the "hidden directory" Win 8.1 writes in and see if that fixes the issue. If not, my new DME has already indicated he'll order a new card for the machine.

RE: SD Card issue? - archangle - 10-17-2014

Most people find that any SD or SDHC card will work fine.

A few people find that SDHC cards won't work.

I haven't heard anyone say that you need an actual ResMed card (other than ResMed.) There's a link to ResMed's statement in my signature line.

RE: SD Card issue? - JJJ - 10-17-2014

(10-17-2014, 06:27 PM)archangle Wrote: I haven't heard anyone say that you need an actual ResMed card (other than ResMed.)

The SD card that I currently use in my S9 Autoset says "Respironics" on it because it came with my old PRS1 (now my backup machine). Other than bitching that it needed to format it the first time I used it in the S9, there has never been a problem using it in the S9.

RE: SD Card issue? - PsychoMike - 10-18-2014

Ok...this is a wth moment with ResScan. Apparently my last wipe/format that it claimed didn't take took. It errored on me the last time I tried, but this time....fine as can be.

This totally deserves a :picard: for a facepalm smiley.