Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
data help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: data help (/Thread-data-help)

Pages: 1 2 3

data help - steve392 - 10-20-2014

I am posting my data to make sure everything looks alright. I am new to all of this and only been on cpap for 15 days. I have a Resmed s9 with a quattro full face mask. I don't turn on the humidifier. My AHI during my sleep study was 31. The pressure is set to 7 on the machine. I feel like I need to turn it up but I really have no clue what I am looking at with this data.

My ahi on cpap ranges from .89-5.9

I am posting last nights results as it was the highest I have seen it in 15 days

I don't know what graphs are important but any help is appreciated.

RE: data help - retired_guy - 10-20-2014

Based on what I can see it does look like a small increase would clean up a lot of the Hypops, which are accounting for most of your total ahi. If it were me, I would try a 7.5 pressure for a few days and see what happens.

The other thing that I cannot tell is whether or not leaks are an issue. Take a look at your leak graph. If the majority of the time they are below 24, preferably well below, then they are not a problem. On the other hand if they're running high then you need to work on reducing them.

RE: data help - steve392 - 10-20-2014

no idea how to attach another picture I have tried everything but my leak rate seems to peak at 25-30 during my apnea if that make sense. It looks like its happening at the sametime

RE: data help - justMongo - 10-20-2014

(10-20-2014, 06:13 PM)steve392 Wrote: no idea how to attach another picture I have tried everything but my leak rate seems to peak at 25-30 during my apnea if that make sense. It looks like its happening at the sametime

I think you have to get your post count up a few in order to post another image. Then, the better way is to open a photo account under fake name on photobucket. Then you can push images up; and put the URL between HTML image tags.

I'd like to see your flow limitation trace during you apneas.

I would try tightening the mask a bit. You may not need higher pressure; just leak control.

Leaks can screw around with the ahi results. So it's possible the hypop's were occurring at a time when you had higher leaks and are therefor not as bad as they seem, but I can't really say for sure. I'm not seeing any CA's though, and that's good. The early on "unclassified apnea" is probably leak caused. The period from 3:30 to 4:30 looks to me like you settled into a deep sleep and your pressure is just barely not high enough to deal with the hypops that came up. I'd like to see you go to 7.5 for a few days and see what happens.

RE: data help - steve392 - 10-20-2014

here are the new graphs

Yep, everything looks ok until 3:30 then everything kind of goes crazy-go-nutz. Your leak numbers look fine though. Same recommendation as before: 7.5.

RE: data help - justMongo - 10-20-2014

Concur with R_G.....

RE: data help - trish6hundred - 10-20-2014

Hi steve392,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: data help - becker44a - 10-21-2014

(10-20-2014, 07:13 PM)steve392 Wrote: here are the new graphs

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum. You've found a great place to get answers.

Can you please identify which model of S9 you have - the more we know, the better we are able to help. The name of the S9 model is printed by the power button.

Your events look a little like mine used to look, before I found that sleeping on my back made my events MUCH worse. Do you know if you are a back-sleeper? It might be a useful experiment to start trying some of the techniques for avoiding your back. Probably the simplest is to wedge some large or heavy pillows behind your back. Other things include one or more tennis balls in a pocket or sock on the back of a sleep shirt. Others include sleeping with a backpack loaded with lumpy items to make it more uncomfortable. I know this sounds crazy, but apparently it is quite common for people whose apnea is primarily obstructive to be worse when on their back. In that position, gravity is helping to close off your airway. I was able to reduce my AHI number by more than a factor of ten by avoiding my back.

Good luck on your journey.