Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Is my i5 humidifier working? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Is my i5 humidifier working? (/Thread-CPAP-Is-my-i5-humidifier-working)

Pages: 1 2

Is my i5 humidifier working? - Tabbycat - 10-21-2014

How can I be sure?

Connected to an S9 AutoSet, it shows no error but:

1) water level does not appear to go down at all overnight
2) my throat is dry

I'm using ClimateLine tubing.

Is there a clever way to verify that the humidity is actually there?
If it isn't, what are my choices?
Bought mine used from SecondWind CPAP.

RE: Is my i5 humidifier working? - zonk - 10-21-2014

I posted today some links in this thread might answer your questions, post #11
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Humidifier-not-working-on-ResMed-S9-autoset?page=2

As for dry throat ... mouth leaks, you need to keep mouth closed with nasal pillows and nasal masks
you might need a chinstrap to keep mouth closed

RE: Is my i5 humidifier working? - JimZZZ - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 02:53 AM)zonk Wrote: As for dry throat ... mouth leaks, you need to keep mouth closed with nasal pillows and nasal masks
you might need a chinstrap to keep mouth closed
Agree with zonk. Since adding a chin strap, I never have a dry mouth and I removed my humidifier several months ago with no negative impact on my therapy.

RE: Is my i5 humidifier working? - Tabbycat - 10-21-2014

It's definitely not heating.
Tried the warmup test in the ResMed video -- nothing.
Also, last few nights smelled funny.

Will SecondWind replace it?
It's possible it never worked.

RE: Is my i5 humidifier working? - PaulaO2 - 10-21-2014

Contact them ASAP. They will probably walk you through the testing process again over the phone.

RE: Is my i5 humidifier working? - zonk - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 06:40 AM)Tabbycat Wrote: It's definitely not heating.
Tried the warmup test in the ResMed video -- nothing.
Also, last few nights smelled funny.

Will SecondWind replace it?
It's possible it never worked.
If only been smelly last few nights and not before, it might run out of water one night and the metal plate overheated

They would replace the humidifier or/and the tank if defective, its covered by the warranty, they have different warranties for new and used machines. We cannot tell if it never worked but if water level in the morning is less than the night before .. might indicate it was working

RE: Is my i5 humidifier working? - Tabbycat - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 06:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Contact them ASAP. They will probably walk you through the testing process again over the phone.

I did, and they're sending a new(er) one.
So I'll have to live with dry air till Friday.

Course it looks like I've actually been doing that for nearly a year anyway ....

RE: Is my i5 humidifier working? - Tabbycat - 10-29-2014

Well my "newer" i5 humidifier arrived.
Plugged it in for the test.

Nothing.

Orange light comes on, Warming Up bar progresses, but warming plate is stone cold.

What now?

RE: Is my i5 humidifier working? - PaytonA - 10-29-2014

(10-29-2014, 12:51 AM)Tabbycat Wrote: Well my "newer" i5 humidifier arrived.
Plugged it in for the test.

Nothing.

Orange light comes on, Warming Up bar progresses, but warming plate is stone cold.

What now?

Just my guess but it might be time to check out your power supply brick. If it is not supplying enough current, I would guess that the heater will not work.

If you have a local DME you could probably take it in and have them hook it up with one of their power supplies and see if it works.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: Is my i5 humidifier working? - zonk - 10-29-2014

(10-29-2014, 11:00 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Just my guess but it might be time to check out your power supply brick. If it is not supplying enough current, I would guess that the heater will not work.

If you have a local DME you could probably take it in and have them hook it up with one of their power supplies and see if it works.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
From Supplier #1: Power Supply
The S9 Series can use (2) different Power Supply units, a 30 Watt or 90 Watt external brick. S9 machines come standard with a 90 Watt Power Supply that can power the CPAP machine and Humidifier. The 30 Watt Power Supply will only operate the CPAP machine and the humidifier will act as a passover.