Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Any feedback on Transcend II - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Any feedback on Transcend II (/Thread-Any-feedback-on-Transcend-II)

Any feedback on Transcend II - Eurika - 11-11-2014

Hi All

I'm looking to invest in a back up device and as I fly overnight (12hrs+) at least eight times a year, it seemed to be a good idea to get a more travel friendly Auto machine as my backup so I can use it on battery whilst up in the air.

The Transcend II with battery and, HME to stop dehydrating too much, seems to be a good option, but as I'm a relative Newbie it would be really helpful to get your thoughts.

If anyone has any experience of this machine or has any thoughts on the subject, please let us know.

Whoops, I just found a review on here, very comprehensive, so I need to apologize for asking a question that's already been answered, unless anyone has any further info?

Thanks
D

RE: Any feedback on Transcend II - Peter_C - 11-11-2014

My first thought is a backup machine is critical if your OSA is severe enough (like mine). And, never, ever check your CPAP as luggage (mine got lost once and I didn't sleep that night.

The only thought I can offer you, is some people have a hard time switching from one machine to another, and more than a few ended up getting a second machine that was the same as their primary - just food for thought.

RE: Any feedback on Transcend II - Eleong2 - 11-11-2014

(11-11-2014, 09:01 AM)Eurika Wrote: Hi All

I'm looking to invest in a back up device and as I fly overnight (12hrs+) at least eight times a year, it seemed to be a good idea to get a more travel friendly Auto machine as my backup so I can use it on battery whilst up in the air.

The Transcend II with battery and, HME to stop dehydrating too much, seems to be a good option, but as I'm a relative Newbie it would be really helpful to get your thoughts.

If anyone has any experience of this machine or has any thoughts on the subject, please let us know.

Whoops, I just found a review on here, very comprehensive, so I need to apologize for asking a question that's already been answered, unless anyone has any further info?

Thanks
D

If you do decide on the Transcend unit, I would recommend the P8 multi night battery. This is to insure you get your 12 hours of run time, battery run time varies a lot depending your breathing and pressure setting. The P8 battery would give me 15-16 hours. As mentioned, differences in machines may be an issue, but for me I had no problems adapting with my Transcend EZEX cpap, except for the noise level. The "breathing" noise level may be objectionable to some, I found a couple of ways to reduce it

RE: Any feedback on Transcend II - cant_sleep_in_nj - 11-15-2014

I use one 4 nights a week when i travel for biz. I dont use a battery though. Been using it for at least a year with no issues at all.

RE: Any feedback on Transcend II - vsheline - 11-17-2014

(11-11-2014, 09:01 AM)Eurika Wrote: The Transcend II with battery and, HME to stop dehydrating too much, seems to be a good option

When using CPAP during a flight, I think we are not supposed to use a humidifier.

This is because atmospheric turbulence causes some pretty wild bumping around sometimes, and water might get in the blower unit, which would tend to instantly destroy the blower unit.

RE: Any feedback on Transcend II - PaulaO2 - 11-17-2014

Check the Review Forum. There's several Transcend models that have been reviewed.

RE: Any feedback on Transcend II - Eurika - 11-17-2014

Hi
I plan on useing an HME device to take care of humidification.
Air on planes is very dry and and I wanted to see if I arrive feeling better than I normally do.
Flight is 12.5 hours and across 8 time zones and I have always put down the feeling like c#*p to jet lag.
Hopefully with reasonable sleep, moist 'ish' air I will arrive feeling much better and not spend three days recovering.

I'll keep you posted
D