Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic (/Thread-Can-t-get-Trend-Data-from-Encore-Basic)

Pages: 1 2

Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic - Cbonilla - 11-13-2014

I've been pretty successful in using Encore basic (2.4.8.0). Sleepyhead is not an option as my APAP uses smart cards. But where I'm at a loss is getting it to show me trend values. I click on my UserName, select history, and it shows the different dates observations were loaded into my computer. I can look at individual dates with no problem

But when I'm in "history" and try to select a "trend" report it doesn't cooperate. Selecting "All Data" just shows me the output for day my cursor is on. Selecting a range of dates doesn't let me go back to another date.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a limitation of Encore Basic?

Carlos

RE: Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic - Cbonilla - 11-15-2014

Just bumping myself up a bit. Problem persists -- I assign the card to my name, read it, and at the end of the read cycle Encore informs me that the card does not belong to a respironics user. But when I click on my name all of the data is there, each report has my name & ID number. But Encore can't link them to produce trend reports,

Would Encore Pro solve this problem? Does anyone know how I get it?

Thanks again

Carlos

RE: Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic - PaulaO2 - 11-15-2014

Did you ever determine exactly which machine you have?

RE: Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic - Peter_C - 11-15-2014

I am using EncoreBasic, and I do not erase my card (manually, or by checking a box), I do check the box saying the card goes back to the user, and on each upload it overwrites the last showing a date range (today) of 10-29 to 11-15. If I upload tomorrow it'll overwrite and show 10-29 to 11-16 - but again I can see trends, etc.

(11-15-2014, 04:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Did you ever determine exactly which machine you have?

Yes , it's an older REMstar with Cflex

(11-15-2014, 05:51 PM)Peter_C Wrote: I am using EncoreBasic, and I do not erase my card (manually, or by checking a box), I do check the box saying the card goes back to the user, and on each upload it overwrites the last showing a date range (today) of 10-29 to 11-15. If I upload tomorrow it'll overwrite and show 10-29 to 11-16 - but again I can see trends, etc.

Interesting. I assumed that Encore would look at the data it had downloaded. If im understanding you correctly, Encore uses only data on the smart card when creating trends. It seems strange - you have more data on the computer you use for a download which is essentially unlimited compared to the smart card.

I'll try your method, thanks

Carlos

RE: Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic - Cbonilla - 11-17-2014

Interesting. I unchecked the "erase card after successful download"' and checked the "Card is to be returned to the same patient" options.

Two things happened:

1. For the first time I didn't get a warning that the card did not belong to a patient. Instead the screen read "The media belongs to the current patient"

2. And, now I can look at trend data! For the last two days, at least

All I can think is that the "erase" option is a little too aggressive and wipes out not only the data but the information pertaining to the owner of the card

Happy Camper, thanks all

Carlos

RE: Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic - Peter_C - 11-19-2014

Actually - I bet if you checked both options (like once per month) you'd have no patient issue, and your trends *might* be broken up into months? So far - mine is one long trend - looks like just one download...

RE: Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic - Cbonilla - 11-20-2014

(11-19-2014, 03:35 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Actually - I bet if you checked both options (like once per month) you'd have no patient issue, and your trends *might* be broken up into months? So far - mine is one long trend - looks like just one download...

How many days of data can the SmartCard (not an SD card) hold?

Carlos

RE: Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic - Peter_C - 11-20-2014

(11-20-2014, 10:39 AM)Cbonilla Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 03:35 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Actually - I bet if you checked both options (like once per month) you'd have no patient issue, and your trends *might* be broken up into months? So far - mine is one long trend - looks like just one download...

How many days of data can the SmartCard (not an SD card) hold?

Carlos

I have no clue? I suspect since the machine reads the card that it will either complain, or erase oldest data first, or erase the entire card when full - something like that.

Please note, I can only 'see' the 2 most recent days of "wave-form' data, when not erasing the card. (I am in a compliance period so do not dare erase to test right now).