Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Snoring again - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Snoring again (/Thread-Snoring-again)

Pages: 1 2

Snoring again - modufour - 11-17-2014

Hi! I have a resmed machine I have been using for the last six month or so and everything has been going great so far... My girlfriend has noticed and mentioned... That I have started snoring again... Is there something I can adjust in the machine? We noticed that when I'm very tired that I then to snore more...

TY

RE: Snoring again - DariaVader - 11-17-2014

You should look at your settings and put the pressure you are at in your profile. The ones here who know stuff will need to see that Smile If you also have access to leak data that would be telling.

RE: Snoring again - surferdude2 - 11-17-2014

A screenshot of your usage graph would be helpful. You may be having significant flow restrictions when you snore and may need a higher pressure level for therapy. Your pressure requirements can change over time and snoring may be the red flag that alerts you to the fact that a change in therapy pressure is needed.

Sleeping on your side will also be helpful in eliminating snoring. It can also significantly reduce your pressure requirement for satisfactory therapy.

RE: Snoring again - modufour - 11-17-2014

(11-17-2014, 12:42 PM)DariaVader Wrote: You should look at your settings and put the pressure you are at in your profile. The ones here who know stuff will need to see that Smile If you also have access to leak data that would be telling.

Thank you for your reply!

min pressure 5 max pressure 10 start pressure 5

btw I love your nickname! Smile

Those are very low pressure settings. I hesitate to advise you to raise them without seeing any daily graph though. Let's just say if it were me, I'd set the minimum at 8 cm and the max at 12 for a test run. Since you have an AutoSet machine, it won't go any higher than necessary to treat your condition so don't be afraid to set the max much higher if need be. If need be, set the EPR to 2 or 3 but only if you have trouble breathing with the higher pressure setting.

(11-17-2014, 01:07 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Those are very low pressure settings. I hesitate to advise you to raise them without seeing any daily graph though. Let's just say if it were me, I'd set the minimum at 8 cm and the max at 12 for a test run. Since you have an AutoSet machine, it won't go any higher than necessary to treat your condition. If need be, set the EPR to 2 or 3 but only if you have trouble breathing with the higher pressure setting.

Thanks!

What is the epr level? It is set at 1 and I can chose from 1 to 3...

The EPR feature allows you to have reduced pressure when you exhale. The numbers represent pressure in cm H2o. EPR helps some users when first trying to acclimate to breathing out against the CPAP pressure, especially if their minimum required pressure is much higher than yours. Normally that need fades in time and the feature can be turned off. Use it at any setting that you feel the need for or turn it off you don't need it, no problem.

Thank you! I'll try the new setting tonight!!! Smile

RE: Snoring again - DariaVader - 11-17-2014

(11-17-2014, 12:55 PM)modufour Wrote: btw I love your nickname! Smile

Thanks! Big Grin

seemed appropriate for a nerdgirl hosehead. I am a n00b with the cpap but being a nerdgirl means I have been reading stuff ever since diagnosis came back in mid October. I would agree with Surferdude that your pressures are likely too low and would recommend that you post your pressures and leak data from the daily stats (install the software, write protect your disk and import) If that is not practical for you I hope you have a sleep therapist or doctor that can help you interpret the S9 data.

RE: Snoring again - trish6hundred - 11-17-2014

Hi modufour,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.