Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense 10 humidifier - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense 10 humidifier (/Thread-Airsense-10-humidifier)

Pages: 1 2 3

Airsense 10 humidifier - Bamajim - 11-17-2014

My water tank has a small burned area on the metal bottom of the tank. Is this normal?

RE: Airsense 10 humidifier - zonk - 11-17-2014

(11-17-2014, 04:09 PM)Bamajim Wrote: My water tank has a small burned area on the metal bottom of the tank. Is this normal?
My A10 water tank does not have burned area but just looks on the greyish side
Is there any water left in the tank in the morning?
Wipe the bottom clean and dry when you insert the tank into the machine after filling it with water and don't over fill ... just below the top line

The machine comes with standard water tank, there is also a dishwasher safe (cleanable water tub)

RE: Airsense 10 humidifier - trish6hundred - 11-17-2014

Hi Bamajim,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wouldn't think there should be a burned spot on the metal part but you might have the people at your DME take a look at it.
Hang in there for more ideas.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Airsense 10 humidifier - Bamajim - 11-17-2014

I run the humidifier on setting 6. I fill to the max line each night and it is close to empty each morning. Usually has a little water left, maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 inch.

RE: Airsense 10 humidifier - Franklyspeaking - 11-17-2014

That doesn't sound normal. I would contact your supplier and till then maybe adjust the setting down a bit. Sounds like something is getting hot.

(11-17-2014, 09:10 PM)Bamajim Wrote: I run the humidifier on setting 6. I fill to the max line each night and it is close to empty each morning. Usually has a little water left, maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 inch.
Is there any burned area in the metal plate inside the machine where the tank sit?
Contact your DME, the machine might be faulty, ask for a replacement, the machine comes with two years warranty. The machine in user profile "Machine: Resmed airsense 10 cpap", AirSesne 10 CPAP does not report any leak data or detailed data on the SD card. High water usage might be also due to leaks but the machine in user profile "Machine: Resmed airsense 10 cpap", AirSense 10 CPAP does not report leak data. I would take the opportunity to ask for the Elite or even better "AirSesne 10 AutoSet For Her" as a replacement

RE: Airsense 10 humidifier - PaytonA - 11-17-2014

(11-17-2014, 09:14 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: That doesn't sound normal. I would contact your supplier and till then maybe adjust the setting down a bit. Sounds like something is getting hot.

If my humidifier was set at 6, the tank would run out every night. It is that way for my S8 machine and my S9.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

(11-17-2014, 10:40 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(11-17-2014, 09:14 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: That doesn't sound normal. I would contact your supplier and till then maybe adjust the setting down a bit. Sounds like something is getting hot.

If my humidifier was set at 6, the tank would run out every night. It is that way for my S8 machine and my S9.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
AirSesne 10 humidity Level can be set to off or between 1 and 8, 1 is the lowest and 8 is the highest

RE: Airsense 10 humidifier - PaytonA - 11-18-2014

Thanks zonk,

Learn something new every day. I started out 1 generation of CPAPs behind and I guess I will stay that way.

RE: Airsense 10 humidifier - Bamajim - 11-19-2014

Checked the surface inside the machine and see no discoloration.