Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results (/Thread-CPAP-Interpretation-of-ResMed-S9-Autoset-results)

Pages: 1 2 3

Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results - welshmike - 11-18-2014

Last night and the results from the SD card were:

Events/hr

Apnea index 1.7
Obstructive 0.3
Central 1.4

AHI 7.2

Leak Median 2.4
95th percentile 3.6
Maximum 3.6

Pressure 6.2
95th percentile 8.5
Maximum 9.8

What do these tell me about my OSA please?

RE: Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results - zonk - 11-18-2014

(11-18-2014, 04:27 AM)welshmike Wrote: What do these tell me about my OSA please?
Tells me, two things
1- leak numbers are excellent
2- minimum pressure is too low for the machine to respond to those hypopneas in time

RE: Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results - welshmike - 11-18-2014

Thanks zonk,

What do you suggest for a minimum pressure please? (Edit: I see yours are min 9, max 14)

Some background of my "case":

-----

When I first collected the machine it's minimum and maximum pressures were set to 4 and 20.
I believe that in the past when I had hypopneas the machine pumped the pressure up too high, caused leaks and woke me up. So for last night I set the maximum pressure to 10 leaving the minimum pressure to the original 4.

For many months I had suffered bruising around my left cheekbone and that side of my nose.
That was partly due to my bony cheekbone and large hook nose but mainly due to my incorrect tight adjustment of the full face mask straps to avoid leaks.

I adjusted the straps to be looser for last night and did not suffer any bruising or discomfort around my left cheekbone or nose. So I'm happy about the leak numbers.

-----

Finally, I would like to reset the machine so that it starts providing detailed results like it did for 30 days when I first used the machine in December 2013.
I spoke to the ResMed technician, followed her guidance, but still am not getting those detailed results.
How may I reset the machine so that it produces those 30 days detailed results please?

RE: Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results - PaulaO2 - 11-18-2014

Is this the first night you've had it with this new setting? If so, leave it for a while. One night isn't enough.

OK PaulaO2. Will do.

If you know, please will you let me know how I would reset the machine so that it starts providing detailed results like it did for 30 days when I first used it in December 2013.

RE: Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results - surferdude2 - 11-18-2014

5.5 hypopnea events is rather high but may lower in time. I tend to agree with Zonk in that your minimum pressure may need to be bumped up a tad, perhaps to 6 cm H2o but you can wait and see, just keep it in mind if things don't get better. Keep an eye on your flow limitations graph and you may get some insight that will provide guidance.

Best regards,
Dude

ps. Worked with a welshmike years ago (mid 90's) on a windows help forum. That you?

surferdude2,

I've been struggling how to get the machine to produce detailed graphs not just the summary data. Sad

The following may only be interest to you surferdude2. So others please excuse my indulgence:

I may have been that welshmike on a windows help forum.

When I retired in 1994 from a 28 year career in systems software R&D many friends and non work associates had lots of problems with Windows XP including performance, malware and other difficulties, also a few PC hardware problems. I was happy to go and fix their frequent and many PC troubles. The volume of such reduced as Windows became less vulnerable and anti-malware apps became better. I discovered GNU/Linux circa 2008 and my main operating system on my PCs has been successive Ubuntu distros since then.

Enough.... Rolleyes

RE: Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results - PaulaO2 - 11-18-2014

Setting it to 30 days is accessed through the screen where you view it.

Tap the knob (it is a button as well as a dial) so the Sleep Report tab on the left is orange (that says it is selected).
The top option is the time range.
Tap the knob again and the time range turns orange.
Turn the knob to select the range you want.
When done, tap the knob again and it stops being orange.
Dial down to <home> and tap the knob again.
Done!

Send cookies as payment plzthx

Thanks PaulaO2, Thanks

I had reset my machine to factory settings earlier today.

It was the i (Info) button on my ResMed S9 Autoset that got me to the options you referred to and I found that SLEEP REPORT options were already set at Period 1 Month.
I've reformatted the SD card (to FAT32) and put it back in the ResMed machine.
It will be interesting to see if detailed data (and graphs) will be shown by ResScan tomorrow.

Here's some cookies for you: Bigwink

[Image: cookies.png]

RE: Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results - zonk - 11-18-2014

(11-18-2014, 03:44 PM)welshmike Wrote: It will be interesting to see if detailed data (and graphs) will be shown by ResScan tomorrow.
Follow the download instruction as shown here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-ResScan-CPAP-Reporting-Software-current-version-5-1?pid=398#pid398

[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

You might be also interested in SleepyHead, easier to download the data and more user friendly