Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResScan errors - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResScan errors (/Thread-ResScan-errors)

ResScan errors - justMongo - 11-29-2014

ResScan has generated over 5000 error events on my system since May.

Today, it hung my Windows 7 Pro 64bit; and I had to power cycle. That caused my RAID software to spend about 2 hours checking my HDD array for errors. No HDD array errors found; but the system is very slow during the check process.

All the errors are:
(At the time, I was trying to read the SD Card.)

Error Date/Time : 29/11/2014 10:26:7
ErrorCode : 80004005
ErrorMessage : Unspecified error
Program Message : hResult Error
File : .\RWDevice.cpp
Function : RWDevice::GetMetaDataForGroup
Line : 1540

I'm using version 4.3.0.7081

I'm wondering if I should update my version; or just go to Sleepyhead.

Thoughts?

RE: ResScan errors - PaulaO2 - 11-29-2014

Wow. But it works? I'd say update. Uninstall that sucker and update.

Have you ever tried SH? Start using it and see what you think of it. I used both for about 3 months I think.

RE: ResScan errors - justMongo - 11-29-2014

(11-29-2014, 09:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Wow. But it works? I'd say update. Uninstall that sucker and update.

Have you ever tried SH? Start using it and see what you think of it. I used both for about 3 months I think.

It has been working.. until it hung my system today.
I tried SH some time back. I think JediMark did a magnificent job deciphering the data files. I like the ResScan graph better than SH. Then again, and I believe you made this comment some time back, ResScan doesn't display quite right. I have a 27 inch 1920x1080 monitor and the soft buttons are slightly off the window.

I need to get a later version of SH; and install it.

RE: ResScan errors - PaytonA - 11-30-2014

Mongo,

I have the 5.1 version of ResScan and have never had a problem with it on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. I am also using Sleepyhead 0.9.6. I like both of them and keep both of them up.

I do prefer Sleepyhead for drilling down in the graphs. SH makes it a real no brainer. I have not downloaded the latest version of SH. On the other hand there are some things that I like about ResScan and that is what I am sure my doc wants to see. I keep all my data for the S9 in both software.

He has quit having his staff download the data themselves and for my last appointment they asked me to take the machine to the DME for a data download. I don't know what was up with that but I told them that I would download the data for them. They seemed amazed that I could and asked me where I got the software. I told them that I got it off the internet and that seemed to satisfy them.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: ResScan errors - justMongo - 11-30-2014

I wonder if I caused this by deleting older rlk files in the patient file?

RE: ResScan errors - surferdude2 - 11-30-2014

(11-30-2014, 07:04 PM)justMongo Wrote: I wonder if I caused this by deleting older rlk files in the patient file?

Yes, that's very likely the reason. I did that once and learned my lesson.. To fix it, I replaced the entire directory from the incremental drive image I make daily with AOMEI (freeware). I hope you have equally good backups. You need only replace the patient folder since you know which one you deleted from.

Like you, I figured all that baggage could be safely trimmed down but evidently those files are targeted by some other function and must be deleted using the parent software so that all places of reference (likely a .db file caches all .rlk files) are updated. Likely that is so the average user can't introduce fake files and game the system.

Confine you trimming activities to doing it within the software for safe results. Just highlight the date range by left-click dragging while in the ResMed browser area and then right-click and select appropriately, either "Delete Session" or "Delete Detailed Data". The option to delete detailed data is grayed out if the sessions have no detailed data recorded.

RE: ResScan errors - PaytonA - 11-30-2014

(11-30-2014, 07:04 PM)justMongo Wrote: I wonder if I caused this by deleting older rlk files in the patient file?

What happened to your airplane? I almost misse4d your post. Smile

PaytonA