Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed S-9 Data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed S-9 Data (/Thread-ResMed-S-9-Data)

ResMed S-9 Data - BobF - 12-06-2014

I have a folder on my HD with about 1G of ResScan data *rlk files and pdf's for each day. I would like to make a backup on CD's of all the pdf's. Do I need to backup the pdf's only and delete the rlk files, or do I need to save the rlk files and the pdf's? Thanks, Bob.

RE: ResMed S-9 Data - PollCat - 12-08-2014

Since you haven't said why you are backing up the data to CD's, I would save both types of files. However, I find it unlikely that you have a gig of data for each night's sleep. Huhsign

RE: ResMed S-9 Data - BobF - 12-09-2014

(12-08-2014, 11:59 PM)PollCat Wrote: Since you haven't said why you are backing up the data to CD's, I would save both types of files. However, I find it unlikely that you have a gig of data for each night's sleep. Huhsign

I want to get 1G off my drive. The 1G is all of the rlk files and one pdf for each night. 825 pdf's or so plus all of the rlk files.

Bob.

RE: ResMed S-9 Data - PaulaO2 - 12-09-2014

Copy one of the pdf files to a memory key and try to open it either from the key or on another computer. If it opens just fine, especially on the other computer, then you don't need those other files.

But I am a data hoarder. If I needed to move them off my 'puter, I would move them all.

RE: ResMed S-9 Data - BobF - 12-09-2014

Hi Paula. OK. Thanks. Good idea. I'd sure like to know what the rlk files are though. Regards, Bob.

RE: ResMed S-9 Data - Crimson Nape - 12-09-2014

The .rlk file is the raw sleep data stored for each day of use. The .pdf's are probably reports that you generated.

RE: ResMed S-9 Data - vsheline - 12-09-2014

(12-09-2014, 02:48 PM)BobF Wrote: Hi Paula. OK. Thanks. Good idea. I'd sure like to know what the rlk files are though. Regards, Bob.

The rlk files would be needed if you ever want to zoom in near an event and take a closer look at the data. Or if you wanted to adjust the scale to show more detail. So the rlk files may come in handy..

RE: ResMed S-9 Data - Crimson Nape - 12-09-2014

By the way; The .rlk files are in binary so, unless you understand hex code and have a binary file viewer, you won't be able to open them and read the data. . . I know, you now have to try it.

RE: ResMed S-9 Data - vsheline - 12-09-2014

(12-09-2014, 03:32 PM)sgearhart Wrote: By the way; The .rlk files are in binary so, unless you understand hex code and have a binary file viewer, you won't be able to open them and read the data. . . I know, you now have to try it.

Hi sgearhart,

Sorry - I was assuming SleepyHead could be used to open the elk files and view the data. Not correct?

Thanks,
--- Vaughn