Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Missing Sleepyhead Data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Missing Sleepyhead Data (/Thread-Missing-Sleepyhead-Data)

Pages: 1 2

Missing Sleepyhead Data - johnprz - 12-09-2014

I'm using Sleepyhead to track my wife's nightly data ... on both a Windows and Mac computer.

On random nights there are missing time periods ... it's as though the machine has stopped for about 10 minutes and then starts back up (the graph line stops and then starts back up). The longest period was for about 1-1/2 hours.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had data missing in their reports.

I'm trying to figure out if the problem is with the machine or the software.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Missing Sleepyhead Data - justMongo - 12-09-2014

I'm not an expert on PR machines... What comes to mind is the internal clock thinking the day has rolled over to a new day.
On ResMed, the internal clock is user settable with noon marking a new day. For some reason I recall PR machines working on GMT.
There might be a time alignment setting in SleepyHead.

RE: Missing Sleepyhead Data - PaulaO2 - 12-09-2014

Yes, PR uses GMT. It will hiccup at noon. SH tries to adjust to this but there will be a blank of a few minutes.

There should not, however, be a blank of 1.5hrs.

You could find that day, move its data out, and then download the data again to see if it fixes that day. If it doesn't re-download it, you can just move the file(s) back.

RE: Missing Sleepyhead Data - DeepBreathing - 12-10-2014

It's possible these are genuine breaks in treatment, when the machine has actually been switched off then back on later. I also used to get these random gaps but SWMBO was able to monitor me and identify that sometimes I'd turn off the machine and take the mask off, then put it back on later. Longer breaks could be from a toilet break - forget to put the machine on until awakened (maybe for another toilet break) later in the night. The thing is, the patient doesn't necessarily remember these events.

RE: Missing Sleepyhead Data - Ghost1958 - 12-10-2014

SH does that occasionally with my Pr auto aflex. The flags will be there, the pressure reports, etc for that time period but the wave flow graph will be gone. Then back. Doesnt happen often but it does happen with SH and my machine during a night occasionally.

I dont think its the machine because the same download to Encorebasic which I also use in tandem with SH does not have the breaks in graph that SH does. Ever.

Never had SH hiccup at noon and ive been asleep at noon occasionally sleeping in. Just rolls right on past noon with the graph and changes dates.

RE: Missing Sleepyhead Data - justMongo - 12-10-2014

(12-10-2014, 02:00 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Never had SH hiccup at noon and ive been asleep at noon occasionally sleeping in. Just rolls right on past noon with the graph and changes dates.

Since the PR machines are on GMT, the new day would be 7PM EST.

For either machine, I suspect that if a sleep period transits the new day rollover, there will be a slight gap as the machine has to create a new high rate data file on the data card.

RE: Missing Sleepyhead Data - Ghost1958 - 12-10-2014

(12-10-2014, 09:50 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(12-10-2014, 02:00 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Never had SH hiccup at noon and ive been asleep at noon occasionally sleeping in. Just rolls right on past noon with the graph and changes dates.

Since the PR machines are on GMT, the new day would be 7PM EST.

For either machine, I suspect that if a sleep period transits the new day rollover, there will be a slight gap as the machine has to create a new high rate data file on the data card.

Im not sure if SH and Encore set for EST makes the transition adjustment but my PRS1 changes days at noon everyday EST, and starts a new 24 hr period that lasts until noon the next day. Has since I had it.

Or maybe I just have a time challenged machineLaugh-a-lot

RE: Missing Sleepyhead Data - Galactus - 12-10-2014

I have noted missing flow graphs as well. I noted them after my SD card started acting up. I know if the PRS1 doesn't have a card inserted and then a card is inserted it reports all the data except for the flow graph. I have suspected that when the SD card hicups the unit believes there is no card and so the flow graph is not recorded during those periods. I am not able to confirm my suspicions but that is what I suspect and have been trying to duplicate the issue myself. Try removing the card and formating it as that seems to solve the issue, at least for me, and at least so far.

RE: Missing Sleepyhead Data - Evpraxia - 12-16-2014

I just had similar events last night and I wonder if I shut off the APAP thinking it was one of my alarms and then it restarted due to my breathing.

Both SleepyHead And ResScan showed the same thing; it is just easier to see in SH.

[Image: SleepyHeads-w15Dec2014Respstopsrestarts_zpsd1265bea.jpg]

[Image: ResScan15Dec2014Respstopstart_zps2cfbdc5e.jpg]

[Image: ResScan15Dec2014RespstopstartB_zps2a254220.jpg]

Any idea if my supposition is correct? Otherwise, what the heck is going on??

RE: Missing Sleepyhead Data - PaytonA - 12-16-2014

I think the little green men must have found you guys or in Ghost's case maybe it is the wood smoke effect. Sure is curious, anyway.