Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
S9 Serial number mismatch - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: S9 Serial number mismatch (/Thread-S9-Serial-number-mismatch)

Pages: 1 2

S9 Serial number mismatch - DariaVader - 12-10-2014

the Sticker on the outside has a SN, and the machine reports its SN to Sleepyhead... they both agree on the first 6 digits, and disagree on the last 5.... Does that happen a lot?

RE: S9 Serial number mismatch - DeepBreathing - 12-10-2014

Mine matches. Have you used more than one machine?

RE: S9 Serial number mismatch - DariaVader - 12-10-2014

(12-10-2014, 01:54 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Mine matches. Have you used more than one machine?

no. This is the first ever.

RE: S9 Serial number mismatch - DeepBreathing - 12-10-2014

I can only guess that the wrong label was slapped on the machine as it went down the assembly line. As for how often it happens, we'll never know as most people won't cross-check the physical label against the software. Not being rude, but are you unusually thorough in checking all the details? Smile

RE: S9 Serial number mismatch - justMongo - 12-10-2014

What is the provenance of your machine? A mistake on the line is possible; but, I think unlikely.
Since the SN is on a label in the case; and in the firmware, it's possible the machine was refurbished with a new mainboard.

Or, as Paula would say: Aliens!

RE: S9 Serial number mismatch - DariaVader - 12-10-2014

(12-10-2014, 04:51 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I can only guess that the wrong label was slapped on the machine as it went down the assembly line. As for how often it happens, we'll never know as most people won't cross-check the physical label against the software. Not being rude, but are you unusually thorough in checking all the details? Smile

ummmm, yeah. I am a Software QA Engineer Dielaughing
(12-10-2014, 09:34 AM)justMongo Wrote: What is the provenance of your machine? A mistake on the line is possible; but, I think unlikely.
Since the SN is on a label in the case; and in the firmware, it's possible the machine was refurbished with a new mainboard.

Or, as Paula would say: Aliens!

aliens.... Shock

Hrmmm Refurbished, I bet. I was thinking imaged, but refurbished is actually more likely! grrr. its supposed to be new!

RE: S9 Serial number mismatch - retired_guy - 12-10-2014

It's all a plot. I just tried to register my wife's new vacuum cleaner and was informed that there was no such thing as the model I was trying to register. But they were happy to be of service to me.

RE: S9 Serial number mismatch - justMongo - 12-11-2014

I hope that's not what you got her for Christmas.

RE: S9 Serial number mismatch - retired_guy - 12-11-2014

Well yes actually... And I think she's thrilled. I got her two of them. One (the one I was trying to register) is a canister thingy that she can drag around the house on cleaning day. The other is a cordless thingy that is great for those little pick ups. It has a sort of "base station" where you plug it in to recharge it. It's really cool. Even as we speak she's looking for just the right place to stick it.

Now then... What was this thread about? I forgot.

RE: S9 Serial number mismatch - DariaVader - 12-16-2014

Mystery Solved.... The S9 Serial no was hiding under the cellular transmitter and the one I found was only for the humidifier. silly me.