Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
M Series software - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: M Series software (/Thread-M-Series-software)

Pages: 1 2

M Series software - ratfancy - 12-22-2014

Hi! I'm new to this board - lots of good info and interaction. I have an old CPAP machine and I don't want to pay $99 for the EncorePro software. I got a card reader on Ebay for $17 and it works! Is there anyplace to get this old software at no cost? Sleepy time doesn't work with my old M series data - can't see it. It appears to download, but then there's no data. Thanks so much! (Ok to send me a private message)

RE: M Series software - PollCat - 12-22-2014

First, Welcome , ratfancy!

Why do you have such an old machine?

RE: M Series software - Terry - 12-22-2014

(12-22-2014, 06:57 AM)ratfancy Wrote: Hi! I'm new to this board - lots of good info and interaction. I have an old CPAP machine and I don't want to pay $99 for the EncorePro software. I got a card reader on Ebay for $17 and it works! Is there anyplace to get this old software at no cost? Sleepy time doesn't work with my old M series data - can't see it. It appears to download, but then there's no data. Thanks so much! (Ok to send me a private message)

Sadly there's no data because "there's no data".

The machine only records "that you used it for x hours"

Sorry. Don't waste your money on the software.

RE: M Series software - trish6hundred - 12-22-2014

Hi ratfancy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
No need to waste your money because there isn't much data to be had from that particular machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

RE: M Series software - archangle - 12-22-2014

Gee, so much incorrect advice.

Ratfancy, some M series machines offer almost no data, some offer quite a bit of useful data. The newer machines, such as the Philips Respironics System One machine may offer a LOT more data, but the right M Series machine will give you nightly AHI averages and some other info.

It should say something like REMstar PRO, Auto, etc., below the buttons. Tell us what it says.

SleepyHead doesn't work with M Series machines.

Encore Basic should work for you. Check this thread for how to get it. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-EncoreBasic-2-4-8-0-CPAP-Reporting-Software-for-Philips-Respironics-Machines

I think that sometimes getting the card reader device drivers to work is a little cranky. Windows 8 install was cranky at one point, don't know if it's fixed. Lots of helpful info in the thread above.

It might be worth trying to get a newer machine because they give you much better data if you get the right machine. You can sometimes find good buys on Craigslist or your insurance might buy a new one after a certain amount of time.

Check the links in my signature line to find out what machine models to get for full data.

RE: M Series software - ratfancy - 12-23-2014

(12-22-2014, 10:29 AM)PollCat Wrote: First, Welcome , ratfancy!

Why do you have such an old machine?

Send me $600 and I'll be glad to get a new machine!

RE: M Series software - PollCat - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 10:37 AM)ratfancy Wrote: [Send me $600 and I'll be glad to get a new machine!

Ahh, no insurance or Medicare??

RE: M Series software - ratfancy - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 10:12 PM)PollCat Wrote:
(12-23-2014, 10:37 AM)ratfancy Wrote: [Send me $600 and I'll be glad to get a new machine!

Ahh, no insurance or Medicare??

Are you Canadian? We have big deductibles here and medical equipment isn't really covered anymore that I know of. My recent claim for a new mask was denied. It's all a joke...Thank goodness for the Affordable Care Act or I would not be able to have insurance at all. Even so, it's almost $600 a month for any type of respectable coverage as I recently applied.

RE: M Series software - Sleeprider - 12-23-2014

The M Series Auto gave full data on a Smartcard that has to be read with Mako DT3500 card reader. The data it produces is not much different from the current PR System One machines. Free software is available from apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-EncoreBasic-2-4-8-0-Software-Download-Link-for-Philips-Respironics-machines-only (forum won't let me post clickable links until I have 8 posts. Add WWW in front of the address)

FWIW, I changed from a M Series Remstar Auto I have used since 2008 last week to a PR system one auto. It had over 19000 hours on it and still worked just fine. It's my backup machine, and I have lent it to a friend who has OSA, but has not got insurance or a diagnosis.

Good luck with your treatment, and hopefully you have a machine that does give you data. I got my new machine for only $200. Keep an eye on Craigslist for people who get machines under insurance and don't use them, but resell instead.

RE: M Series software - archangle - 12-24-2014

ratfancy, I still don't know which M series machine you have. Some have useful data, some don't.

(12-23-2014, 10:32 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The M Series Auto gave full data on a Smartcard that has to be read with Mako DT3500 card reader. The data it produces is not much different from the current PR System One machines. Free software is available from apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-EncoreBasic-2-4-8-0-Software-Download-Link-for-Philips-Respironics-machines-only (forum won't let me post clickable links until I have 8 posts. Add WWW in front of the address)

FWIW, I changed from a M Series Remstar Auto I have used since 2008 last week to a PR system one auto. It had over 19000 hours on it and still worked just fine. It's my backup machine, and I have lent it to a friend who has OSA, but has not got insurance or a diagnosis.

Good luck with your treatment, and hopefully you have a machine that does give you data. I got my new machine for only $200. Keep an eye on Craigslist for people who get machines under insurance and don't use them, but resell instead.

I guess you could call it "full data," but the M Series Auto lacks airflow waveform data and doesn't distinguish central apnea from obstructive. Both of these are very valuable information, especially if you are having problems. The PRS1, S9, and A10 machines record this data.