Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Need help with date problem with machine/card please. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Need help with date problem with machine/card please. (/Thread-Need-help-with-date-problem-with-machine-card-please)

Need help with date problem with machine/card please. - Ldempke - 01-01-2015

First off, Happy New Year!

next, my machine thinks it is Jan 1 2016 and I cannot set the date back to 2015 since it says there is data there.

full story: RESMED s9 equipment with SD data card. Machine hadn't been used since Dec 19th since using Oral device while traveling. Back home last night, Dec 31st, and tried to reset time for time zone at home. It would not let me set it for 11pm Dec 31st, 2014 since "data exists for this period". so I tried to set it for 12:05 Jan 1, 2015 and it said data exists for that period as well. so I set it to jan 1 2016 and went to bed and figured I could figure it out today. I can't figure it out and would be grateful for some advice.
- I downloaded and viewed data in both ResScan and SleepyTime. I viewed last nights data as Jan 2016, then deleted the entry off of the card. I didn't see any data around Dec 31st 2014 or Jan 1 2015. But I still cannot get the ResMed machine to accept the current date and time. It still says "data exists for this period".

Thank you in advance

RE: Need help with date problem with machine/card please. - Crimson Nape - 01-01-2015

Welcome to the forum.

Unplug the power cord for about 3 minutes. Reconnect the power then, prior to inserting the SD card, go into clinician mode and try setting the date and time. Also, re-format the SD card prior to inserting it in the S9.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted.

RE: Need help with date problem with machine/card please. - trish6hundred - 01-01-2015

Hi Ldempke,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

RE: Need help with date problem with machine/card please. - zonk - 01-01-2015

(01-01-2015, 12:34 PM)Ldempke Wrote: First off, Happy New Year!

next, my machine thinks it is Jan 1 2016 and I cannot set the date back to 2015 since it says there is data there.

First, you need to erase machine data (configuration menu) before you can set the current date/time

Happy New year to you too Coffee

RE: Need help with date problem with machine/card please. - Ldempke - 01-02-2015

(01-01-2015, 12:54 PM)sgearhart Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

Unplug the power cord for about 3 minutes. Reconnect the power then, prior to inserting the SD card, go into clinician mode and try setting the date and time. Also, re-format the SD card prior to inserting it in the S9.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted.

I did this but ran into the same problem when setting the date and time. Although I didn't re-format the SD card...I was hesitant because I didn't want to lose the data on the SD card before my sleep doctor appt. But then I saw zonk's reply about erasing machine data. That worked. I could then set the date. So if I understand this correctly, the machine data is starting fresh....but the SD card still has the old data on it...and will continue to get the new data so it will be fully loaded with info for the next sleep appt. whew. good night.

(01-01-2015, 05:00 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-01-2015, 12:34 PM)Ldempke Wrote: First off, Happy New Year!

First, you need to erase machine data (configuration menu) before you can set the current date/time

Happy New year to you too Coffee

yes this worked. Thank you.