Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
anybody have beats in respiration and flow? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: anybody have beats in respiration and flow? (/Thread-anybody-have-beats-in-respiration-and-flow)

anybody have beats in respiration and flow? - quiescence at last - 01-12-2015

I have been using sleepyhead to review the flow rate. I noticed a sort of periodic beat during nearly every type of non-event breathing. On any given night it is fairly constant anywhere from 44 second to 58 second periods. the same flow amplitude exists for all points in the period, but the number of breaths gets denser every 44 seconds, then returns to less dense in between.

Is this a sort of brain body breathing clock? Anyone else notice this?

Thanks,
QAL

RE: anybody have beats in respiration and flow? - Crimson Nape - 01-12-2015

Could you possibly post a snapshot? I think I see what your asking but I want to make sure.

RE: anybody have beats in respiration and flow? - quiescence at last - 01-12-2015

it is hard to see in a snapshot. also I have tried a couple but did not like the resolution after compressing to get under my quota.
as I drag my waveform back and forth across the screen I see something like interference fringes, and now wonder if it may be just a visual perception issue.

RE: anybody have beats in respiration and flow? - krelvin - 01-12-2015

Instead of uploading an attachment to the forum, You could upload the image to an image sharing site like Imgur, no quota then.

Results in (Click on image below for full size):

[Image: RqiXlhHl.png]

RE: anybody have beats in respiration and flow? - justMongo - 01-12-2015

Need to see an image to discriminate between a breathing phenomena and a machine function.
Might be your machine sending out a low amplitude pressure wave to determine your type of apnea.
ResMed calls it the FOT algorithm -- don't know what PR calls it.

RE: anybody have beats in respiration and flow? - quiescence at last - 01-12-2015

ok, signed up for imgur and will post an image later.

oops.

[Image: vO748fR.png?1]
here is an example.

RE: anybody have beats in respiration and flow? - justMongo - 01-12-2015

And what is it that you find peculiar about your flow waveform?

RE: anybody have beats in respiration and flow? - PaytonA - 01-12-2015

Looks cool. What kind of music is playing in the background?? Just kidding. My flow has the same pattern but not as regular. I do not think that it is anything to be concerned about. May just be your body making fine adjustments to maintain its target CO2 level. Like a temperature controller in a furnace. If you were to plot the furnace temp with a very sensitive temperature measuring device you would see that periodic type of plot.

That's what I would guess.

Best Regards,

PaytonA