Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Went to see my Sleep Specialst today.... - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Went to see my Sleep Specialst today.... (/Thread-Went-to-see-my-Sleep-Specialst-today)

Went to see my Sleep Specialst today.... - Moriarty - 01-15-2015

I like my Sleep Doctor.

I saw him today for the second time since he prescribed my CPAP two and a half years ago. The appointment needed the 'download' so I took him the SleepyHead Report printouts and the equivalent Encore printout in case he wanted one the same as the Sleep Tech would have done.
Dr looked at the SleepyHead Printout and then at the Encore print - then put the Encore print in the bin and the SleepyHead print in the file saying how much easier the SH print was to get the info from.
He is really happy with me managing my OSA and my CPAP machine and gave me an appointment for my next appointment for 3 years time.

My Sleep Doctor might be a rare bird...

RE: Went to see my Sleep Specialst today.... - OpalRose - 01-15-2015

Hi Moriarty,
Just wanted to say you are very lucky to have a Sleep Doctor that cares.
I just saw my Sleep Doctor at his request for a 90 day checkup. I was excited to talk with him and brought with me SH and Encore printouts. My AHI has been on average 1.5 most nights, so I know CPAP is working. Anyway, he could have cared less about my printouts. I explained to him how I narrowed my settings from 4-20 to 8-15 and that my AHI has improved. He just shrugged his shoulders and said "whatever works." He then told me to come back in 6 months and hopefully come back 30 pounds lighter. I am well aware that I need to lose weight, but this Doctor is at least 300 pounds! Rolleyes
I left that Dr. visit feeling totally deflated and $185.00 poorer.
On the way home, I talked myselff out of feeling bad, because I know that with the help of all the knowledable people on this forum, you can take control of your own therapy!
Good luck to you.

RE: Went to see my Sleep Specialst today.... - trish6hundred - 01-15-2015

Hi Moriarty,
Sounds like your sleep doc is a "keeper,," that's great to hear that he was so receptive to your SleepyHead reports and that you want to take control of your own therapy, WHOO HOO,! keep up the good work.

RE: Went to see my Sleep Specialst today.... - Sleeprider - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 08:02 AM)roe1549 Wrote: Hi Moriarty,
I just saw my Sleep Doctor at his request for a 90 day checkup. I was excited to talk with him and brought with me SH and Encore printouts. My AHI has been on average 1.5 most nights, so I know CPAP is working. Anyway, he could have cared less about my printouts. I explained to him how I narrowed my settings from 4-20 to 8-15 and that my AHI has improved. He just shrugged his shoulders and said "whatever works." He then told me to come back in 6 months and hopefully come back 30 pounds lighter. I am well aware that I need to lose weight, but this Doctor is at least 300 pounds! Rolleyes
On the way home, I talked myselff out of feeling bad, because I know that with the help of all the knowledable people on this forum, you can take control of your own therapy!
Good luck to you.

I'm curious if you will actually be going back, and if so, why? Sounds like you've done a great job on your own.

RE: Went to see my Sleep Specialst today.... - Mr. Van Winkle - 01-15-2015

Good luck to you.

I agree as long as we have these good folks on this forum (who in my opinion know or share more information than my sleep dr.) who needs em!
I know I could loss weight, but I wouldn't let that doctor tell me that without giving it right back at him Smile

(01-15-2015, 12:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
Good luck to you.

I'm curious if you will actually be going back, and if so, why? Sounds like you've done a great job on your own.

Sleeprider,
Thanks for the nice comment and NO!, I won't be going back. Doctor-no-get-it

(01-15-2015, 04:15 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
Good luck to you.

I agree as long as we have these good folks on this forum (who in my opinion know or share more information than my sleep dr.) who needs em!
I know I could loss weight, but I wouldn't let that doctor tell me that without giving it right back at him Smile

Well Yes, I did give it back to him. I asked him what diet he recommended, then I looked him up and down and said never mind! Laugh-a-lot

RE: Went to see my Sleep Specialst today.... - saltydawg2 - 01-15-2015

Yeah, I had to let mine go, too! Only thing he seemed excited about was seeing the back of my head, going out the door. Way more support on this site. Glad you have a great doctor.

RE: Went to see my Sleep Specialst today.... - turitzin - 01-16-2015

Moriarty,

Sounds like your sleep doctor is great, but it also sounds like you are doing great on your own! Do you really need to doc?

I feel like there are a lot of people in this forum more knowledgable than the average sleep doc.