Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe (/Thread-Equipment-How-do-Drs-decide-which-machine-model-to-prescribe)

How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe - Sparkle - 01-15-2015

I wonder why my dr. prescribed the ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Start and not the "For Her" version?

Is there any rhyme or reason as to what machine you get? Obviously I would presume the machine capabilities vs. treatment required are first and foremost but beyond that? Could it be he wasn't aware of the "For Her" model? Any ideas?

RE: How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe - Sleeprider - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 11:21 AM)Sparkle Wrote: I wonder why my dr. prescribed the ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Start and not the "For Her" version?

Is there any rhyme or reason as to what machine you get? Obviously I would presume the machine capabilities vs. treatment required are first and foremost but beyond that? Could it be he wasn't aware of the "For Her" model? Any ideas?

What did your prescription actually specify? Do you have a copy?

Most likely a brand and model was not specified in the prescription. The DME dispensed the least expensive model that meets the requirement of the prescription. My guess you were prescribed an "auto-CPAP". Sounds like you got a good machine anyway, but if you wanted the "for her" model, you'd have to do some persuasive arguing with the person dispensing the equipment. It's really up to you to make the doctor aware of a specific desire or request. Whether he is aware of that model or not, it's rare to see that level of specification in a prescription.

RE: How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe - Sparkle - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 12:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What did your prescription actually specify? Do you have a copy?

I've called the dr's office for a copy of the sleep study results and a copy of the script. It's nice to know its a good machine. The only reason I would want the "For Her" one is that is goes better with the decor in my bedroom - lol. I can live with the one I have Smile

RE: How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe - Bompa - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Sparkle Wrote: The only reason I would want the "For Her" one is that is goes better with the decor in my bedroom - lol. I can live with the one I have Smile

I've never heard that one before.

It's cute!!
Thumbs-up-2
Coffee

RE: How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe - zonk - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 11:21 AM)Sparkle Wrote: Could it be he wasn't aware of the "For Her" model? Any ideas?
Yes but ignorance is not an acceptable defense or excuse

RE: How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe - Mr. Van Winkle - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Sparkle Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 12:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What did your prescription actually specify? Do you have a copy?

I've called the dr's office for a copy of the sleep study results and a copy of the script. It's nice to know its a good machine. The only reason I would want the "For Her" one is that is goes better with the decor in my bedroom - lol. I can live with the one I have Smile

Check with your DME maybe you could exchange it?, doesn't hurt to try , then it would match your décor Smile good one I like it!Smile
Sleep-well