Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
events per hour - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: events per hour (/Thread-events-per-hour)

events per hour - cookie810 - 01-22-2015

so its been almost 2 weeks- my events per our according to myair, hovered around 1.5 or so events per hour-
last night, I thought I slept ok, but my events per hour were 3.8- should I be concerned?

RE: events per hour - DeepBreathing - 01-22-2015

Concerned? No! It's quite normal to have the occasional bad night. Your experience of a one-off 3.8 is quite within the norm and still counts as effective therapy. If it starts going over 5 on a regular basis, then you need to have a harder look at things.

RE: events per hour - Crimson Nape - 01-22-2015

Not really. Everybody is going to experience a bad night. You need to look a long term trends. If it stays up then it would warrant further investigation but would require a more detailed sleep analysis software other than MyAir. Keep your events monitored for about a week, unless your events take off like a rocket. If you still have problems, then you will need to get additional software to track down the problem.

Good Luck!

RE: events per hour - Sparkle - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 08:51 AM)cookie810 Wrote: so its been almost 2 weeks- my events per our according to myair, hovered around 1.5 or so events per hour-
last night, I thought I slept ok, but my events per hour were 3.8- should I be concerned?

I've been registering 0.3-0.5 events per hour with one night at 0.0 (I just started CPAP a week ago) when two nights ago I registered 0.8. I wondered the same thing as you. Last night I was back to 0.3.

So hold tight - I'm sure it will go back down. Did you do anything different? Have a long day? Anything stressful? A glass or two of wine? A cold coming on?

RE: events per hour - cookie810 - 01-22-2015

hmm none of the above lol, but thanks for all the good advice! I feel better

RE: events per hour - surferdude2 - 01-22-2015

If you can't pin the occasional bad night on to anything in particular, then ignore it. If you can, then don't do that thing again. Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we know the reason, sometimes not.

RE: events per hour - Sleeprider - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 08:51 AM)cookie810 Wrote: so its been almost 2 weeks- my events per our according to myair, hovered around 1.5 or so events per hour-

Cookie, it would probably help you to download the Sleepyhead software so you can see more information on the AHI events. It is possible to manage them if you understand when and why they occur. Also the duration of an apnea is as important as its frequency. There is a link to Sleeyhead at the top of the forum. It's great software, and can really teach you a lot and help you monitor your progress. Hopefully you got the Elite CPAP as the basic Airsense 10 CPAP only provides compliance data and basic AHI. If that is the case, forget about Sleepyhead, there isn't much to see.

RE: events per hour - Jackie1 - 11-12-2015

I've had my airsense 10 auto set for 15 days. I've used it 11/15 days. My events per hour the first night was 0.9 and now most nights it's 4.5 and last night it was 6.9. Any idea if this is bad?

RE: events per hour - eseedhouse - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 10:58 AM)Jackie1 Wrote: I've had my airsense 10 auto set for 15 days. I've used it 11/15 days. My events per hour the first night was 0.9 and now most nights it's 4.5 and last night it was 6.9. Any idea if this is bad?

It's too early to tell. Unless your AHI's go up dramatically over, say, a week, you shouldn't draw conclusions until about a month after you start. 4.5 means you are getting treatment and one day higher is no big deal unless it stays up there. Takes time to get used to this therapy.

RE: events per hour - Jackie1 - 11-12-2015

Thanks for the reply. I find after about 5 hours now, on using 11/15 days I have to take the mask off. I'm trying.