Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New here and need help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New here and need help (/Thread-New-here-and-need-help)

New here and need help - Mnikoley - 02-05-2015

Hello, I've been using a cpap for 12 years now and have never had to bother with therapy compliance. I'm a truck driver now and my company requires me to send in reports. I have a ResMed Elite 2 with an SD card slot on the back. Question is can I purchase just any old SD card or does it have to be ordered thru ResMed?
Also, any suggestions for me to get the reports off the data card? I don't have a PC on my truck or at home but do have a Mac at home. Trying to figure out a way to avoid having to mail my card in.

Thanks

RE: New here and need help - justMongo - 02-05-2015

Buy a 2GB SD card. Does not have to be a ResMed card.
You can use Sleepyhead software on a MAC computer.

Does your company require the reports come from a doctor?

There are some long haul drivers on the forum; and they have to show compliance for DOT.

RE: New here and need help - Mnikoley - 02-05-2015

Thanks for the info. No they don't require the report to come from a Dr. I was looking at the Sleepyhead software but it says ResMed S9. I believe mine is S8. Will it still work?

RE: New here and need help - justMongo - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 01:38 PM)Mnikoley Wrote: Thanks for the info. No they don't require the report to come from a Dr. I was looking at the Sleepyhead software but it says ResMed S9. I believe mine is S8. Will it still work?

S8 is a problem. It uses a special data card; and a special reader.
I have both. I found it difficult to get the card to read the data from the machine. To get the special reader, I had to order it from Israel. Only ResScan can supply the driver for the reader; and that's Windows only.

For that very reason, I upgraded to an S9 to get a fully data capable machine that uses an SD card.

The only good news is that your S8 holds 365 days of compliance data.
I think that can be read out on screen.

I suggest you request the clinician's manual for your machine -- go to private files and links and request as per instructions.

Perhaps your company will accept seeing the machines compliance report on the machine's screen.

RE: New here and need help - Mnikoley - 02-05-2015

Maybe I'm mistaken about it being an S8. It definitely has an SD sized slot on the back. Not the larger credit card style.

RE: New here and need help - trish6hundred - 02-05-2015

Hi Mnikoley,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

RE: New here and need help - TorontoCPAPguy - 02-05-2015

Regarding the 2GB SD RAMCARDS: You are going to find them hard to obtain at retail. I know that I did here when I needed some for my Tom Tom GPS which only takes 2GB cards. I got on eBay and found them relatively cheap. Bought 5 reconditioned ones and 5 brand new ones - they were about the same price. And the good news is that it has been a year and they all work just fine. I use them in my Nikon camera all the time. I also purchased several 8GB, 32GB and 64GB cards and use them in my NIKON as well so that if a card bites the dust at an important photo shoot I don't lose everything. My Lenovo laptop has the SD RAMCARD slot built in; so I generally tend to dump the cards onto the laptop for backup. I am babbling here... what I wanted to say simply is look for the 2GB cards immediately as they are no longer being made except for OEM. And also that I dump my 8GB card into my S9 Auto and it works just fine. I would print out compliance data regularly and put it into a three ring binder (KEEP IT FOREVER) in case you should ever run into issues with anyone about compliance.
Murray

RE: New here and need help - archangle - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 02:15 PM)Mnikoley Wrote: Maybe I'm mistaken about it being an S8. It definitely has an SD sized slot on the back. Not the larger credit card style.

The S8 has a bastardized smartcard. It's basically a normal credit card style smartcard that's been cut down to be thinner. Both the card and card reader are non-standard.

Does it look sort of like this? Yours might or might not have a humidifier on the front.

[Image: 3014-3911.jpg]

The S8 card readers are hard to find these days.

RE: New here and need help - Mnikoley - 02-06-2015

Yes that's the one I have. I found a local company that has the cards. Only $5.00!