Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! (/Thread-I-slept-7-hours-and-10-mins-straight-First-time-in-14-years)

Pages: 1 2

I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - TheManseHen - 02-05-2015

Pappies...I know it won't necessarily replicate, again for a while, maybe not ever, but, for the first time in 14 years, after 41 nights of c-pap... I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight through without a LOO trip.Sleep-on-pillow
Yes I may have stirred in my sleep, but I did not feel the need to skip to the LOO. And when I woke the pee was YELLOW as it should be, not clear from a night of peeing. I was and am so happy.

Do I feel amazing? Not yet, but I definitely felt that there was something different about last night...In the past three or four nights I've had more dreams that were pleasant enough and memorable and I note that the bed covers are all akimbo, as they were in my earlier years of good sleep.

WHAT you may ask, was different...Having read enough posts, not one's I was searching for, but just randomly due to title, I noted someone suggested that humidity in the hose could contribute to loo trips for some. Now maybe that isn't why last night was better, maybe it was just a coincidence, but for the heck of it, I
gave my nose extra tlc in case of dryness issues, and reduced my humidity which the DME had set to 4, down to 1.

Do you all think it could have made the difference, or just coincidence?

Either way, I am rejoicing today, knowing that it may not stay around...it is a glorious wonderful thing. God be praised! And the apnea board be thanked for your wonderful posts and help to so many.

Susan aka THE HEN.

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - Crimson Nape - 02-05-2015

You Go Girl!!!!

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - justMongo - 02-05-2015

My guess -- soon you'll be sleeping even more hours.
As for humidity setting versus trips to the loo -- I would think that unlikely.
Even at 41 nights you are still adjusting to a new norm.
Your PAP machine is likely keeping your blood pressure from spiking during what would have been apneas; in-turn, the renin, angiotensin, ADH and aldosterone pathways are not as active in telling the kidneys to shed more water.

I sleep 8 hours +/- 1 every night except the occasional night when I only sleep 6 hours.
I showed a printout to my primary care doctor who was almost stunned at my sleeping 8 hours.

I too have experienced more dreaming. I only remember the dream that occurs just before waking -- but, I actually look forward to dreaming.

I've been paping for 5+ years now; and one thing I have for the first time is a set bedtime.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - Ghost1958 - 02-05-2015

Im not sure the humidity setting would cause a person to absorb enough water to make them go to the bathroom. There really isnt that much water in the tank when its full. It would be like sipping on that amount of water for the hours you sleep if you used all the water in the tank.

But the humidity setting be lower could be more comfortable for you someway and as a result you slept sounder and longer.

Or your brain may just now be beginning to figure out it can actually rest instead of stay on guard to wake you up instead of let you smother to death.

Hard to say really. But GOOD FOR YOU.

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - OpalRose - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 04:07 PM)TheManseHen Wrote:

Pappies...I know it won't necessarily replicate, again for a while, maybe not ever, but, for the first time in 14 years, after 41 nights of c-pap... I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight through without a LOO trip.Sleep-on-pillow
Yes I may have stirred in my sleep, but I did not feel the need to skip to the LOO. And when I woke the pee was YELLOW as it should be, not clear from a night of peeing. I was and am so happy.

Do I feel amazing? Not yet, but I definitely felt that there was something different about last night...In the past three or four nights I've had more dreams that were pleasant enough and memorable and I note that the bed covers are all akimbo, as they were in my earlier years of good sleep.

WHAT you may ask, was different...Having read enough posts, not one's I was searching for, but just randomly due to title, I noted someone suggested that humidity in the hose could contribute to loo trips for some. Now maybe that isn't why last night was better, maybe it was just a coincidence, but for the heck of it, I
gave my nose extra tlc in case of dryness issues, and reduced my humidity which the DME had set to 4, down to 1.

Do you all think it could have made the difference, or just coincidence?

Either way, I am rejoicing today, knowing that it may not stay around...it is a glorious wonderful thing. God be praised! And the apnea board be thanked for your wonderful posts and help to so many.

Susan aka THE HEN.

Susan,
Way to go! Too-happy-2
I dont know about the humidify making a difference, but it is an amazing feeling to
sleep that long without interruptions.

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - TheManseHen - 02-05-2015

I also note, it is the first 3 days in a row with AHI under 5.0 Could that be why?

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - justMongo - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 06:34 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: I also note, it is the first 3 days in a row with AHI under 5.0 Could that be why?

Like chicken soup -- "Couldn't hurt!"

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - DariaVader - 02-05-2015

congrats!

cpap is definitely a win for me, but I am still waiting for a truly awesome new normal Smile

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - trish6hundred - 02-05-2015

Hi Susan,
It's great to hear you got such a good sleep last night and that you're getting your AHI below 5, WOOHOO, keep up the good work.

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years! - TyroneShoes - 02-08-2015

(02-05-2015, 06:34 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: I also note, it is the first 3 days in a row with AHI under 5.0 Could that be why?

Well, absolutely it could be why.

If your AHI is 5 that means you are being strangled 5 times per hour, and each time your system responds by pouring stress hormones into your bloodstream, which induces urine to form. It seems pretty obvious that the fewer times you are strangled the less urine will form.

I had to get up once a night every night for the 5 years previous to xPAP, which my doctor said was normal at my age. But starting the first night on xPAP and now 6 months later, I have not had to get up once.

But I still have to go when I get up finally, except that is not why I get up.

It also helps not to drink anything an hour before bed.