Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex (/Thread-Philips-Respironics-REMstar-Plus-C-Flex)

Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex - justra1234 - 02-06-2015

My sister just got a Philips Respironics REMstar Plus C-Flex. The info from the user's manual is:
REF 1100500
Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex
1100439 R00

Can SleepyHead or any other software be used to read the SD chip from this CPAP?

The only info that I can find is that SleepyHead can be used with a Philips Respirioncs System One.

RE: Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex - zonk - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 02:27 PM)justra1234 Wrote: My sister just got a Philips Respironics REMstar Plus C-Flex. The info from the user's manual is:
REF 1100500
1100439 R00

Can SleepyHead or any other software be used to read the SD chip from this CPAP?

The only info that I can find is that SleepyHead can be used with a Philips Respirioncs System One.

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg][Image: PR-model-2.jpg]

Models numbers below 450 or 460 are not data capable machines, meaning does not report anything useful such as apnea events, detailed data graphs, etc... other than hours using the machine each night on the LCD screen or on the SD card

Edit: Please remove the water chamber before turning the machine upside down to avoid any water spillage and damaging the machine Coffee

RE: Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex - trish6hundred - 02-06-2015

Hi justra1234,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

RE: Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex - Sleeprider - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 02:27 PM)justra1234 Wrote: My sister just got a Philips Respironics REMstar Plus C-Flex. The info from the user's manual is:
REF 1100500
1100439 R00

The Remstar Plus C-flex is either a 250 or 260 and is not capable of displaying data other than compliance. We try to give members information to avoid such machines because having efficacy information on our therapy is important for both reinforcement and to let us know when we need to make changes. When a CPAP is obtained under insurance, DME is paid the same for the cheapest machine as for a full data auto CPAP. They have an obvious incentive to place the least expensive machine. Wish we could help.

RE: Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex - Ghost1958 - 02-07-2015

There may be a reason that Docs prescribe straight pressure bricks but after much thought I have no idea why straight cpap machines are even made anymore. An auto can do everything a single pressure machine can including being set to run single pressure and a ton of stuff it cant.

The only reason I can come up with is follow the money. DME gets paid the same for auto or brick. So they naturally try to give you a brick. The doc can prevent that and there is no reason medically for him not to so the only thing I can come up with is the Docs that do this junk are connected to the DME they send the patient too.

RE: Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex - novatom - 02-07-2015

For so many of us it really is the luck of the draw. I had no input whatsoever in what machine I was going to get from my DME (perhaps if I spoke up, I could have, but I was such a novice at CPAP). I picked it up a day after my titration, they just handed me the machine, tubes and mask with instructions on filling and cleaning the humidifier, maintaining and cleaning the tubes and mask and also instructions on fitting the mask. Not once did they ever say anything about analyzing my data, just to bring the SD card on my next visit. Fortunately it's a 460 version of the PR Remstar Pro C-Flex Plus and it was only through forums like this that I learned about Sleepyhead. That said, all the Dr. analyzed was my compliance, AHI and leak rate, which is not much more than what a brick monitors.

So perhaps to some facilities, all they monitor is what a "brick" monitors.

RE: Philips Respironics: REMstar Plus C-Flex - Sleeprider - 02-07-2015

Many insurance policies and Medicare require compliance and therapy benefit to be demonstrated before the machine is paid off. The Plus gives that information along with a doctor/patient consult, and it gives no more. The 460 Pro or Pro AutoIQ does much more, giving full therapy data recording, while maintaining functionality of CPAP. The AutoIQ and Auto both can self-titrate, and the AutoIQ does a check every 30 days to optimize CPAP pressure. The wholesale costs of all these machines differs by maybe $200, and there is a lot of markup for services provided by the DME.

I have no idea what motivates the dispensing of inferior machines that do not provide patient feedback. The price difference is no more than a single patient encounter with a physician, and the data can allow a patient to save thousands in claims by enabling self-care and making therapy more engaging and successful. I don't get it.