Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
resmed s9 menu - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: resmed s9 menu (/Thread-resmed-s9-menu)

resmed s9 menu - geoffleach - 02-10-2015

I have a ResMed S9 AutoSet H5i. I need to adjust the humidity level. The instructions given in the"Welcome Guide" don't agree with the screen that I have. My HOME screen has just one icon: humidity plus temperature (i.e., no ramp). Pressing the "push dial" gives me a the adjustment for temperature; no humidity.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

RE: resmed s9 menu - justMongo - 02-10-2015

(02-10-2015, 09:16 AM)geoffleach Wrote: I have a ResMed S9 AutoSet H5i. I need to adjust the humidity level. The instructions given in the"Welcome Guide" don't agree with the screen that I have. My HOME screen has just one icon: humidity plus temperature (i.e., no ramp). Pressing the "push dial" gives me a the adjustment for temperature; no humidity.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Ask for the clinician manual -- link in banner at top of page.
I suspect you are using a climateline hose, which has only a temperature setting. The H5i then provides humidity relative to temperature such that "rainout" does not occur.

RE: resmed s9 menu - geoffleach - 02-10-2015

Checked the clinician manual. S9 is set to "Auto" which implies automatic 80% humidity.

RE: resmed s9 menu - PaulaO2 - 02-10-2015

It might be best to leave it in auto. The machine has a sensor that detects the humidity of the air in the room. It uses that to determine how much to heat the water and provide humidity to the user. Switching it to manual within the clinician section can mess with that. I know a few people here have done that and didn't like it.

If you do decide to go to manual, please let us know what you did and how it went. The information can help us help others later!

RE: resmed s9 menu - DeepBreathing - 02-12-2015

Hi Geoff, when you say you need to adjust the humidity, do you feel it's too high or too low, or are you getting rainout (condensation)? If you're on auto and getting rainout then something's not set up properly. On the other hand you can go to manual and fiddle with both temperature and humidity. In my case my therapist had me playing with these settings to try and find an optimum but in the end it was best to do as Paula said and put it on auto. Set it to 30 degrees and haven't had a humidity problem since.

RE: resmed s9 menu - geoffleach - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 02:20 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi Geoff, when you say you need to adjust the humidity, do you feel it's too high or too low, or are you getting rainout (condensation)? If you're on auto and getting rainout then something's not set up properly. On the other hand you can go to manual and fiddle with both temperature and humidity. In my case my therapist had me playing with these settings to try and find an optimum but in the end it was best to do as Paula said and put it on auto. Set it to 30 degrees and haven't had a humidity problem since.

Thanks for the replyThanks. I was thinking about fiddling with the humidity, UNTIL I discovered that the Auto setting implied 80%. That was enough for me.