Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. (/Thread-Lincare-You-signed-it-so-we-can-charge-you-whatever-you-owe)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - heyheyrayray - 02-10-2015

Lincare billed my insurance for the full amount of a heated humdifier instead of as a rental, so imagine my anger when i see they've auto billed my account for $230.00. I called them and asked them what the deal was and the girl on the phone said "you signed the auto withdrawal form so we can run the payment for whatever we want, " Lesson learned, should have had the dimwit Lincare rep write down the amount on their carbon copied papers but it was no where to be found.

The problem is Lincare billed it as a sale and not a rental and she's trying to make me responsible for that.

I am so P*ssed right now I doubt this makes sense. Anyway, I told her I was going to dispute the charges on my card so she can either fix it now or deal with it later. She said a supervisor would call me back. Better call me back within the next 3 hours though.

Ugh.

RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - heyheyrayray - 02-10-2015

So I spoke to several supervisors all of which blamed me for THEM not billing my insurance as a rental, instead they billed them for a full sale. "you signed it" I heard that at least 4 times. THen i finally spoke to somebody who said "it's written all over the notes in your account that this was a rental and that you were to be charged 63 dollars a month we just billed it to your insurance incorrectly, I'm really sorry but there's nothing we can do"

I just find it hard to believe there is nothing they can do! I'm a single mother, living paycheck to paycheck having 230 dollars taken out in the beginning of the month when I was expecting 63, is traumatic! And they just keep blaming me for signing a document that didn't state the amount was 63 (which is stupid on my behalf) but poor customer service on their part.

I almost want to dispute the charges with my bank but I don't want CPAP taken away.

I'm so upset by this.

RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - DariaVader - 02-10-2015

report this to your insurance company, and ask if there are other in network DMEs. You can move your care to another DME for supplies and masks if there is one. Report it to your state insurance commission as well. It was a despicable move on their part.

RE: LincaYou signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - me50 - 02-10-2015

(02-10-2015, 04:41 PM)heyheyrayray Wrote: So I spoke to several supervisors all of which blamed me for THEM not billing my insurance as a rental, instead they billed them for a full sale. "you signed it" I heard that at least 4 times. THen i finally spoke to somebody who said "it's written all over the notes in your account that this was a rental and that you were to be charged 63 dollars a month we just billed it to your insurance incorrectly, I'm really sorry but there's nothing we can do"

I just find it hard to believe there is nothing they can do! I'm a single mother, living paycheck to paycheck having 230 dollars taken out in the beginning of the month when I was expecting 63, is traumatic! And they just keep blaming me for signing a document that didn't state the amount was 63 (which is stupid on my behalf) but poor customer service on their part.

I almost want to dispute the charges with my bank but I don't want CPAP taken away.

I'm so upset by this.

most insurance company's don't rent the humidifier because they don't cost that much. Call your insurance company and ask them for a copy of the explanation of benefits and ask them to read it to you as well while you are on the phone with them.

Then ask them of other in network DME's close to you and when you find one (and do this fast), tell Lincare to pick up your machine. I did that with Apria and I have never regretted being rid of them.

RE: LincaYou signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - heyheyrayray - 02-11-2015

I wouldn't have been upset had they not told me that my insurance approved the humidifier as a rental. They were actually excited about it, said "great news! your insurance will cover it as a rental so that's going to help a lot"
And while 200 or so isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, as a single mom, 200 dollars is a lot of money to be taken out at once. If I had known this was going to happen I would have worked some overtime to pay for it.

RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - me50 - 02-11-2015

I repeat my previous suggestion (btw, Lincare has a bad reputation just as Apria does) and that is:

most insurance company's don't rent the humidifier because they don't cost that much. Call your insurance company and ask them for a copy of the explanation of benefits and ask them to read it to you as well while you are on the phone with them. Make sure you tell your insurance company how much that Lincare charged you for the cpap rental and how much they charged you for the humidifier because it seems unreasonable and maybe unlikely that you should have been charged $167 for the humidifier. Then, ask your insurance company for other in network DME's in your area and once you find one, tell Lincare to pick up your machine. But, do this fairly quickly.

I did that with Apria and I have never regretted being rid of them.

RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - Sleeprider - 02-11-2015

The Airsense 10 humidifier is integral to the autoset blower. How are you being charged separately for a humidifier? It's all one machine! There is no component cost here. What a ripoff!

I repeat, you are being double billed for something that comes with your machine. You cannot buy a separate Airsense 10 humidifier.

RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - Sleeprider - 02-11-2015

How infuriating. Call your insurance company and tell them what these guys did. Insurance wouldn't pay for a separate humidifier that doesn't exist and neither should you.

Then call your local television consumer advocate and let them hammer on Lincare for a while.

RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - me50 - 02-11-2015

Yep, you are right SR. I forgot about the machine being an all in one unit. I think Lincare has taken lessons from Apria or Apria from Lincare....either way, they are both equal in their unethical approach to their business practices.

RE: Lincare: You signed it, so we can charge you whatever you owe.. - Crimson Nape - 02-11-2015

H.H.R.R. - I would call your state insurance commissioner's office and explain your scenario to them. Some states have protection laws that could cover your problem.