Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks (/Thread-Interchangeable-Brands-for-Facemasks)

Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks - 2Tim215 - 02-13-2015

Hello, it's been a while since I checked in. Sorry! Okay, I have been using a certain brand of nasal pillows with proper face strap. After years on the medium pillows my face has become distorted. My nostrils have increased in size and look, "pulled up" now permanently. I tried going down to the small but couldn't get a seal. Just talked DME supplier and they are suggesting a different brand nasal mask. They said it will work with my machine. I never knew masks were interchangeable and wondered why would they suggest another brand than my CPAP machine. Anyone else experience these issues?

RE: Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks - Sleeprider - 02-13-2015

You can use a Resmed machine and use Respironics masks, or Respironics machines and use Resmed masks, or any other brand. All use universal 22 millimeter hose couplings. Take a look at some profiles on the forum, and you will see many members mix brands...me for instance.

RE: Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks - 2Tim215 - 02-13-2015

Okay thank you! Good to know in case my co-pays come back to high. I can check other venues.

RE: Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks - trish6hundred - 02-13-2015

Hi 2Tim215,
Good to hear from you again.
Yes, you can interchange different brands of mask with your machine brand.
Good luck with getting a mask that will work for you.

RE: Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks - 2Tim215 - 02-13-2015

Thanks Trish. Now you are one member who I remember well! Always there welcoming our new members etc. Hope all is well, Tim

RE: Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks - trish6hundred - 02-13-2015

(02-13-2015, 03:05 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: Thanks Trish. Now you are one member who I remember well! Always there welcoming our new members etc. Hope all is well, Tim
Hi 2Tim215,
All is well here, hope the same for you there, thank you.

RE: Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks - 2Tim215 - 02-14-2015

I don't want anyone getting nervous about this post with my facial distortions. Basically I am not very concerned about the way I look now, but believe I should have switched things around throughout my faithful years on CPAP. Like going from nasal pillows then after a while switch to a nasal mask. If the nasal mask works for me I'll probably stay with it if I get a good seal. I don't want to move up to the large nasal pillows now since this is a life time needed therapy. Looking forward to trying the mask. DME will contact me Monday to tell me my co-pays.
Have a good night everyone.
Sleep-well