Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
5th Night.. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 5th Night.. (/Thread-5th-Night)

5th Night.. - Ulrika - 04-24-2012

I must be one of the lucky ones, it was night 5 for me and I am LOVING my CPAP! The few problems were quickly and easily resolved. Hoping that it continues like this. I do look forward to sleeping because I get such better quality of sleep. I have had dreams every night which is unusual for me and sleeping on my back is amazing. I am also pleased it isn't disturbing my husband as much as I feared - he is a light sleeper but seems to cope with it.
Reading and watching the links I have been given here I have been able to resolve a few minor mask leaks and I can sort of read my data, well atleast see I have a happy face and AHI today was 2.6. Increasing my humidity resolved the kind of sore throat feeling and I honestly can't feel the air going in when I sleep anymore breathing is easy.
I am feeling more awake (still room for improvement) and someone at work did comment that I looked like I have more colour in my face (I haven't told anyone I have sleep apnea let alone using the machine at work) One of the main comments I get (hopefully it's finished now...) Is "Are you alright? You look really pale..." I usually reply it's because I don't have enough make up on today... ask my family they laugh every time I get a comment like that. I really got to the point of a near life time of feeling tired that I just got used to it and tried not to think about it. I know it has been hard on my husband as I usually sleep 10 plus hours per night and still feel tired or if I went for a walk or did any sport I needed a 2 hour "nap" to recover. So this is my chance to get my life back... well maybe even get a life - I had witnessed apneas as a teenager, it's just taken me decades to get a sleep study done!!

RE: 5th Night.. - CHanlon - 04-24-2012

(04-24-2012, 06:08 PM)Ulrika Wrote: I must be one of the lucky ones, it was night 5 for me and I am LOVING my CPAP! The few problems were quickly and easily resolved. Hoping that it continues like this. I do look forward to sleeping because I get such better quality of sleep. I have had dreams every night which is unusual for me and sleeping on my back is amazing.

You know, I've found that too - Most of my life I've never remembered dreams, it's always taken a really unusual one, and an actual conscious decision to try to remember it in the morning.

Since starting CPAP, I remember dreams far more often, and more clearly.

Quote:I am also pleased it isn't disturbing my husband as much as I feared - he is a light sleeper but seems to cope with it.

My wife barely notices it. After living with the way I've snored for 25 years, the only thing is that for a month after I got the machine, my family had to keep checking to see if I was even *in* bed. My son mentioned that he hates it now... can't tell if I'm sleeping, so he doesn't know if I'm lurking around the house. :-p

Quote:So this is my chance to get my life back... well maybe even get a life - I had witnessed apneas as a teenager, it's just taken me decades to get a sleep study done!!

I LOATHE doctors and hospitals make me physically uncomfortable. It's phobic, and I know it. But because of that, even though I knew beyond any doubt that I had sleep apnea, I wouldn't do anything about it. I finally got tired of not being able to stay away during slow periods (and I mean "parts of days" not even full days...) at work... or not seeing the end of the 9 o'clock movie... etc.

I'm like you though, took to this like a fish to water, felt 200% better the very first morning, haven't had any symptoms since.

Congrats!

RE: 5th Night.. - Ulrika - 04-24-2012

(04-24-2012, 06:22 PM)CHanlon Wrote:
(04-24-2012, 06:08 PM)Ulrika Wrote: I must be one of the lucky ones, it was night 5 for me and I am LOVING my CPAP! The few problems were quickly and easily resolved. Hoping that it continues like this. I do look forward to sleeping because I get such better quality of sleep. I have had dreams every night which is unusual for me and sleeping on my back is amazing.

You know, I've found that too - Most of my life I've never remembered dreams, it's always taken a really unusual one, and an actual conscious decision to try to remember it in the morning.

Quote:I am also pleased it isn't disturbing my husband as much as I feared - he is a light sleeper but seems to cope with it.

My wife barely notices it. After living with the way I've snored for 25 years, the only thing is that for a month after I got the machine, my family had to keep checking to see if I was even *in* bed. My son mentioned that he hates it now... can't tell if I'm sleeping, so he doesn't know if I'm lurking around the house. :-p

Quote:So this is my chance to get my life back... well maybe even get a life - I had witnessed apneas as a teenager, it's just taken me decades to get a sleep study done!!

I LOATHE doctors and hospitals make me physically uncomfortable. It's phobic, and I know it. But because of that, even though I knew beyond any doubt that I had sleep apnea, I wouldn't do anything about it. I finally got tired of not being able to stay away during slow periods (and I mean "parts of days" not even full days...) at work... or not seeing the end of the 9 o'clock movie... etc.

I'm like you though, took to this like a fish to water, felt 200% better the very first morning, haven't had any symptoms since.

Congrats!

thanks your reply made me smile and it is nice to know that it is possible to take to it so well, I keep thinking it's not possible!!

RE: 5th Night.. - CHanlon - 04-24-2012

(04-24-2012, 06:33 PM)Ulrika Wrote:
(04-24-2012, 06:22 PM)CHanlon Wrote:

Congrats!

thanks your reply made me smile and it is nice to know that it is possible to take to it so well, I keep thinking it's not possible!!

I know. After waking up the first day, I was absolutely floored at how good I felt for the first time in probably 10 years. There's never been any question of *not* using it since then... the difference in how I feel totally overshadowed any discomfort I felt from the equipment (which, actually was limited to a rubbed spot under my nose for the first few days...)